THank you everyone for the advice. All credit sold except an Advaned Hunter package.

Vashpede

Captain
Donor
Dec 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Vashpede
I disagree, I'd say that hoping that their characters die most often than others from a mechanic that they wanted taken that far is more than fair. I suggested an alternative compromise where it doesn't kill the player, it only causes them to pass out, have their mobi glass auto generate a rescue mission for them to have other players in the area come to their aid & then pay a reasonable fee to their rescuers instead of it killing them which is linked to perma-death in game. CIG has stated that eventually, ever "death" will gradually move the player towards perma-death for their character. Which will lead to them having to make a new char, face some sort of loss due to inheritance & then go from there. My suggestion add in additional gameplay while saving the player the hassle of dealing with the death issues. How is that not fair?
I am saying the negative feeling that you have leading you to want to see someone suffer due to them enjoying something that is of preference is not of factual fairness but of your own sort of "anger" or whatever you want to call it. That is simply you wanting to see someone take the hit for their preferences in a game and has absolutely nothing to do with "fairness".

The word fair normally means something along the lines of unbiased and that is far far far from unbiased lol

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
The AMA said you can eat more than one consumable and it'll stack the buffs up to 3, possibly even extending your time to death as well.

There are foods/drinks which give you a buff that make the food/drink last longer. I could see it extending your time by several more hours.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I am saying the negative feeling that you have leading you to want to see someone suffer due to them enjoying something that is of preference is not of factual fairness but of your own sort of "anger" or whatever you want to call it. That is simply you wanting to see someone take the hit for their preferences in a game and has absolutely nothing to do with "fairness".

The word fair normally means something along the lines of unbiased and that is far far far from unbiased lol
Think what you want, I offered up a legitimately fair alternative to those that want to have that taken to a deadly extent, but if that is what they want, then I hope that they get what they want. For those that don't want that, I hope that they can enjoy what makes them happy instead. How is that not fair @Vashpede ? I think that you should check the definition of "Fair" before judging my view of it.

Vashpede

Captain
Donor
Dec 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Vashpede
Think what you want, I offered up a legitimately fair alternative to those that want to have that taken to a deadly extent, but if that is what they want, then I hope that they get what they want. For those that don't want that, I hope that they can enjoy what makes them happy instead. How is that not fair @Vashpede ? I think that you should check the definition of "Fair" before judging my view of it.
I will be happy either way. It is not fair because Chris Roberts is making a game that everyone will be equal on terms of these mechanics, he is not target a group of people wanting to see them suffer while others do not, that is fair. What is not fair is targeting people based on their preferences and wanting to see a specific group suffer based on person biased and unsatisfaction for a mechanic.

LOL yeah I am the one that needs to look up the definition and no I am not judging you for not liking it, but I am judging you for wanting to see someone suffer based on what they like or dislike. But I see this is like talking to a brick wall and we are now talking about your personal feeling instead of the game so I am going to back out here.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
This isn't the first time CIG has introduced something in the game design that some in the community didn't agree with (i.e. hover-mode, struts). When the community responded with rational criticism they listened and made changes. That's the purpose of backers voices during Alpha (which you already know).

CIG is also still working through this mechanic and NOTHING IS IN STONE. We're far from things being permanent. I'd suggest you continue to enjoy the game, raise your concerns in Spectrum (a toll which too many people don't use) and wait to see. If you bail now you may find their final decision is one you'd find works.
I would join others on telling that it is always time if you do not like something to go on the forums and discuss and raise your concerns about it.
I guess everyone has his own vision of the game, hopefully all can enjoy some parts of it they like most, when obviously not all parts of the game suit everyone.

I hope @Agent_Mothman that you will share you thoughts about that in Spectrum, you are certainly not the only one unhappy about that.

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
The AMA said you can eat more than one consumable and it'll stack the buffs up to 3, possibly even extending your time to death as well.

There are foods/drinks which give you a buff that make the food/drink last longer. I could see it extending your time by several more hours.
Stacking food may be a solution, but then there's the back side of it (pun intended). Making sure you down a bunch of food so you don't die means you'll probably have a more urgent need to void it. Bringing a protein bar to stave off hunger is doable but you're running into problems if the only place you can shit is inside the space suit and hope nothing floats up into the helmet

Vashpede

Captain
Donor
Dec 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Vashpede
Stacking food may be a solution, but then there's the back side of it (pun intended). Making sure you down a bunch of food so you don't die means you'll probably have a more urgent need to void it. Bringing a protein bar to stave off hunger is doable but you're running into problems if the only place you can shit is inside the space suit and hope nothing floats up into the helmet
LOL now that first person experience would be interesting. Status effect: shit in the helmet

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I will be happy either way. It is not fair because Chris Roberts is making a game that everyone will be equal on terms of these mechanics, he is not target a group of people wanting to see them suffer while others do not, that is fair. What is not fair is targeting people based on their preferences and wanting to see a specific group suffer based on person biased and unsatisfaction for a mechanic.

LOL yeah I am the one that needs to look up the definition and no I am not judging you for not liking it, but I am judging you for wanting to see someone suffer based on what they like or dislike. But I see this is like talking to a brick wall and we are now talking about your personal feeling instead of the game so I am going to back out here.
Think what you will, only listen / read the parts of what I stated that confirm your "narrative", but you are the poorly made brick wall in this scenario @Vashpede . If you want players to die needlessly over a mechanic that for YEARS we were told that it wouldn't be anything major, then now it suddenly becomes lethal, then I hope that you get the most out of the extremes of that mechanic that you want so much to be that way. What I was stating was that I don't want that mechanic to kill anybody because it was always told to us that it wouldn't get that far. I also gave a solution to help make it to where the players wouldn't die from it in a reasonable manner that also promotes additional gameplay functionality for features that will already be in the game. I also stated that if some players want to die due to that mechanic, then I hope that they get their wish to do so & for those that don't, I hope that they won't because it's needless bullshit for them to have to do so just because somebody at CIG shoved their head up CR's ass to blow smoke up there until he betrayed his words to us backers. I don't take kindly to betrayal of promises, nor to those fools that call me unfair to calling them on their bullshit & offering a reasonable compromise to resolve the issue. Until you pull your head out of your ass, may ever mistake you make in the verse kill your character every time. Eventually you'll either realize my point or rage quit. Either way, I'm done with you, medic that wants everybody to die needlessly.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Agent_Mothman

Space Marshal
Aug 8, 2014
RSI Handle
CubCadet1972
I would join others on telling that it is always time if you do not like something to go on the forums and discuss and raise your concerns about it.
I guess everyone has his own vision of the game, hopefully all can enjoy some parts of it they like most, when obviously not all parts of the game suit everyone.

I hope @Agent_Mothman that you will share you thoughts about that in Spectrum, you are certainly not the only one unhappy about that.
I did, and it was deleted by their moderators.

Forgot your password?