The Division already failed?!?

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
So after doing the pre-load then waiting till 11pm my time which was the official start time for my zone I log in and it says I have another 30-40 minute update, ok so I wait patiently, finally after 30ish minutes of downloading I get in ..... to be confronted by a black screen, ok no biggie I will restart computer and try again.... ok another black screen, let me check drivers... drivers good, try again, black screen, go to Ubisoft forums....uhm ok forums are down or so congested you cant get into it, U-play is down....finally I see a thread that says the servers are down...

Very disappointed to say the least, yes I know big game launches usually suck but it still pisses me off.....

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
I had the black screen problem too, but I figured out what it was right away.

Just Alt+Enter to go windowed mode, and everything'll show up.

It's something with graphics driver and displaying full screen that causes shit to freak out.

Just after everything loads, go into settings and set back to Fullscreen or Windowed Fullscreen (which I prefer) and you won't have that weird window frame.

Usually, regardless of the game, when you hear things and don't see them (and moved my mouse around and it hovered over buttons and heard effect sounds, so I know it wasn't "frozen", just not displaying) it can usually be solved by going fullscreen/windowed and swapping around. Very easy fix. Happened on a few other games before.

The most stable is always windowed fullscreen or borderless windowed, and that's what I always use given the option. For me, at least... some prefer straight full screen, as it saves on windows resources as it dedicates all processing to the program, but if you alt+tab even remotely often, it can be a hassle loading back into the game every time.

KKDish King of all dishes

Commander
Donor
Jan 14, 2016
RSI Handle
KKDish
When i pre-ordered it i never got the closed beta key. Then missed open beta. THEN my computer screws up and can't be used on release!
Maybe its not my destiny to play this game. or maybe I have judging by all the bugs that's been going on.

Soven Taliesyn

Space Marshal
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Soven-Taliesyn
It does seem to be pretty buggy compared to open beta. I didn't really notice in open beta. Now, between than random drops from server and hit detection and the whole waiting to be able to get my redeemable items. They did finally show up sometime last night so they are at least working on it.

EDIT: my favorite is the lag, when all your shots finally show up they show up ALL at once.

Soven Taliesyn

Space Marshal
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Soven-Taliesyn
I'm loving the game so far.
Me too, if I could I'd be on it right now playing. Damn those life responsibilities...........employment......I mean really, who needs a job?

Almost level 11, haven't made in to the DZ or played with the crafting yet.

EDIT: even running missions with randoms hasn't been too disappointing.

UbEcLoWn

Space Marshal
Jun 13, 2014
RSI Handle
UbEcLoWn
Me too, if I could I'd be on it right now playing. Damn those life responsibilities...........employment......I mean really, who needs a job?

Almost level 11, haven't made in to the DZ or played with the crafting yet.

EDIT: even running missions with randoms hasn't been too disappointing.
Yea. No kidding right. I'm over here at work like a chump too.

Dark Zone is a blast. A lot of tension anytime you run into other agents. You never know if they'll be friendly or hostile.

There were a couple TESTies playing last night. I assume you've already added them in uplay and steam from the post we have in the OTHER GAMES section of the forum? I was playing with some friends but Jorkham dropped in for a bit last night.

Soven Taliesyn

Space Marshal
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Soven-Taliesyn
Yea. No kidding right. I'm over here at work like a chump too.

Dark Zone is a blast. A lot of tension anytime you run into other agents. You never know if they'll be friendly or hostile.

There were a couple TESTies playing last night. I assume you've already added them in uplay and steam from the post we have in the OTHER GAMES section of the forum? I was playing with some friends but Jorkham dropped in for a bit last night.
I've got some who've sent request and was on discord a bit.

Had fun in the DZ on open beta. Got lucky one time and it was mostly full of solo'show running around. If we crossed paths during NPC fights we would help each other and move on when it was done.

Soven Taliesyn

Space Marshal
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Soven-Taliesyn
Is anyone really surprised though? Ubisoft games, even the single player ones, are generally pretty shitty on launch.
Not just Ubisoft, there's always going to be problems on launch. I think it was Diablo 3 that had the biggest shot storm. All in all, I think things have gone pretty well, considering.

Forgot your password?