The forthcoming election

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
Unconfirmed reports from Spectrum say Addison got 46%...? I have not been on Speccy to check that out though :)
That was derived from some polls on reddit it seems. In the weekly newletter it says:

"Check out the weekly wisdom below if you’d like to know more about how people voted." https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/citizens/17852-This-Week-In-Star-Citizen

It looks to me like they just forgot to post the numbers maybe? This doesn't bode well fore a scientific government...

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
That was derived from some polls on reddit it seems. In the weekly newletter it says:

"Check out the weekly wisdom below if you’d like to know more about how people voted." https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/citizens/17852-This-Week-In-Star-Citizen

It looks to me like they just forgot to post the numbers maybe? This doesn't bode well fore a scientific government...
Thanks for the info, maybe they are keeping the juicy details for Disco Lando to reveal on Inside Star Citizen. Lots of thumbs up for that episode!

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
Ha Iwas wrong you just have to scroll down there a little further!

Edit: Now I would be curious to know the actual number of votes.

How would they make 'actual numbers' meaningful? Players are presumably all citizens, and only make up a fraction of the billions or trillions of humans in the UEE. The 9 to 1 ratio doesn't apply here either.. that is a rule of thumb for NPC's in the verse, not the voting populations of planets and systems.

If you take just the raw numbers of players who voted, that would be an interesting data point but it can't be squared with Lore; we are statistically too small of a group to have controlled this election.

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
How would they make 'actual numbers' meaningful? Players are presumably all citizens, and only make up a fraction of the billions or trillions of humans in the UEE. The 9 to 1 ratio doesn't apply here either.. that is a rule of thumb for NPC's in the verse, not the voting populations of planets and systems.

If you take just the raw numbers of players who voted, that would be an interesting data point but it can't be squared with Lore; we are statistically too small of a group to have controlled this election.
The whole election wouldn't make sense then. But quanta can't vote yet as far as I know.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik

My thoughts exactly. Numbers and percentages are meaningless cos they can just say that the npc population voted this way....
Even though I wanted Titus to win, it won't make much of a difference if we get good lore->story->mission gameplay from this.

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
Not Quanta.. this is Lore, not math. CIG could tell us anything they wanted to make it fit with the desired storyline.
Sure they could and poeple will say they did until they release the number of votes (and even then). Frankly I'm pretty sure they didn't. If they had decided the election outcome by lore I think it highly likely the lorewise "established" parties would have much better numbers.

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
Forgot your password?