The "I'm new and a noob" introduction!

Poody

Ensign
Feb 17, 2020
RSI Handle
Poody
Hello everyone, I just enlisted this past weekend, and I'm enjoying myself so far even if I'm doing some space trucking. It gets a little lonely out there, so I thought I'd join an active friendly group to hopefully make some new friends, and show me the ways. I'm 35, no kids, married and have 1 dog. I have a lot of free time to play and would like to learn more about this game. I've heard of it for years, but just now finally giving it a try. I have the Aurora MR so far and want a bigger ship to do cargo runs. Would anyone like to set me on the right path? I look forward to meeting some of you!

My in game is Poody as well.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Welcome to TEST. If you want a new ship, you might look for a Freelancer, or something like that. You can earn some money and if that turns out to be not quite what you were looking for you haven't gone too far down a garden path.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Hello everyone, I just enlisted this past weekend, and I'm enjoying myself so far even if I'm doing some space trucking. It gets a little lonely out there, so I thought I'd join an active friendly group to hopefully make some new friends, and show me the ways. I'm 35, no kids, married and have 1 dog. I have a lot of free time to play and would like to learn more about this game. I've heard of it for years, but just now finally giving it a try. I have the Aurora MR so far and want a bigger ship to do cargo runs. Would anyone like to set me on the right path? I look forward to meeting some of you!

My in game is Poody as well.
Hey @Poody , I agree with @Vavrik in that if you're looking to do some mass cargo running to earn creds, but not looking to spend a lot more, then I'd recommend the $150 Freelancer Maxx with its 122 SCU. Other than that, a lot of people find the $100 Cutlass Black a rather good value & well rounded ship that can hold 46 SCU of cargo. Welcome to TEST Squadron. Before you purchase either, feel free to check our discord to see if any of us are online when you are as some of us have several ships that we can let you TEST out to see which suits your flying style best.

Zinnie

Admiral
Feb 11, 2020
RSI Handle
Zinnie
Welcome to the family! I am quite new here myself, but it's a very friendly group of people.

As others have said, the Freelancer models are great cargo vessels even though cockpit vision is rather limited. You can always upgrade later on to a bigger ship like the Hull series or a Caterpillar. You seem like the perfect candidate for the Concierge program! :like:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Welcome to the family! I am quite new here myself, but it's a very friendly group of people.

As others have said, the Freelancer models are great cargo vessels even though cockpit vision is rather limited. You can always upgrade later on to a bigger ship like the Hull series or a Caterpillar. You seem like the perfect candidate for the Concierge program! :like:
I resemble this remark in many ways other than being new here.

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
Hi @Poody welcome to TEST. If you haven't already jump on Discord. There was a pretty decent sized group of us that loaded up a ship with space bikes and space ATVs. We flew out to Microtech, landed on the North Pole, said hi to Santa then set off in a random general direction. There was no purpose to what we did other than just driving and checking out the scenery. TEST members started hopping on our server and the next thing we all knew we had ships hovering over us. All was well in the world until @GriffinGamingRPG noticed a spider on the floor his cockpit, well that's when all hell broke loose. You see, Griff decided to jump on the control console of his ship to get away from the spider and accidentally kicked the throttle to max. Sadly, there was this poor, innocent medical ship in-front of him. In true TEST fashion, the two went out in a flaming ball of glory.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?