The Scimitar.. the ship that SHOULD and hopefully will be in game...

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
I was browsing through the butt hurt of the RSI forums with all the pitchforks and torches about various things.... (mainly LTI right now... and I didn't get a glaive.. or the glaive is to expensive; but I have two to sell, or Rachel was the best friend in Friends...) and decided to go browse around.... and I found this.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/113854/team-ixm-mercenary-gunship-anvil-scimitar-3rd-place-new-videos-goodies-on-page-41/p1

Wow... what I would melt or just spend more toward this ship. It has everything that I have not really seen as solid in a ship as I could hope for. Big guns.. check... boarding capabilities.. check... smuggling.. check... dragon claw... ohhhh yeah.

What does the rest of Test thing?

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
My primary complaint with the Scimitar is that the interior scale is really, really bad. It feels claustrophobic and could impede character movement more than is reasonable.

IMO, the Scimitar could do well if it was properly upsized to Corvette scale and given the appropriate armaments to match.

Reactions: Dalarast

Serious Table

Admiral
Nov 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Serious_Table

honcho12

Space Marshal
Oct 12, 2014
RSI Handle
honcho12
The Scimitar was by far the best ship in TNGS, the redeemer's wings look like shit. And I am sooo bitter about it.

The Scimitar is a gunship with big guns, and it looks sooo sweet. And a foldout medbay/briefing table!?!?

And I am SOOO BITTER ABOUT IT

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
My primary complaint with the Scimitar is that the interior scale is really, really bad. It feels claustrophobic and could impede character movement more than is reasonable.

IMO, the Scimitar could do well if it was properly upsized to Corvette scale and given the appropriate armaments to match.
Compared to some of the current ships... I mean the Tali is my new favorite toy. I love the ship.. but even if you remove the torp modules and pop in whatever module you want... it is tight quarters (and a maze). The Scimitar does a good job of multi-use (the med table as mentioned before) and use of a space in a "war-ship". It's not comfy like a Connie.. and may even be as tight as the Tali; but it has (in my opinion) better use of space. How many beds are on the Scimitar? How many on the Tali or Redeemer?

The Brutus... also an amazing ship; but for an overall gunship I would still go with the Scimitar. Brutus would be a great troop deployment vessel like the redeemer think. And looks also amazing.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Compared to some of the current ships... I mean the Tali is my new favorite toy. I love the ship.. but even if you remove the torp modules and pop in whatever module you want... it is tight quarters (and a maze). The Scimitar does a good job of multi-use (the med table as mentioned before) and use of a space in a "war-ship". It's not comfy like a Connie.. and may even be as tight as the Tali; but it has (in my opinion) better use of space. How many beds are on the Scimitar? How many on the Tali or Redeemer?

The Brutus... also an amazing ship; but for an overall gunship I would still go with the Scimitar. Brutus would be a great troop deployment vessel like the redeemer think. And looks also amazing.
In my absolute honest opinion, the Brutus should have won. It was the best of the bunch.

Reactions: Serious Table

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis

4 beds on a constellation, 6 on a retaliator (7 if you count the captain's cabin.).

EDIT
I realize now you said redeemer. There are 2 confirmed beds on the redeemer, and a possible third above that.

honcho12

Space Marshal
Oct 12, 2014
RSI Handle
honcho12
In my absolute honest opinion, the Brutus should have won. It was the best of the bunch.
I really like the silhouette of the Brutus, and I loooove the side mount engines, but it doesn't really feel like a gunship.

Yex

Space Marshal
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Yex
Ben said they're putting it in the game later on. I'd find the quote but I'm on my phone

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Yes I did read on the RSI that Ben did say we would see the Scimitar later on in game; but no detail on HOW (maybe a model... booo). I think it would be great to see a lot of the TNGS items in game; but also am a realist and know once we have the PU we will also have mods.

4 beds on a constellation, 6 on a retaliator (7 if you count the captain's cabin.).

EDIT
I realize now you said redeemer. There are 2 confirmed beds on the redeemer, and a possible third above that.
Ha.. it's all good because I had to correct myself because I kept typing retribution at first..... But as a new tali owner.. are the other 6 beds on the top of the Tali? I keep glitching into the floor when I climb the stairs so I have not seen them... or are they somewhere else... more exploring@!!!

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
Yes I did read on the RSI that Ben did say we would see the Scimitar later on in game; but no detail on HOW (maybe a model... booo). I think it would be great to see a lot of the TNGS items in game; but also am a realist and know once we have the PU we will also have mods.

Ha.. it's all good because I had to correct myself because I kept typing retribution at first..... But as a new tali owner.. are the other 6 beds on the top of the Tali? I keep glitching into the floor when I climb the stairs so I have not seen them... or are they somewhere else... more exploring@!!!
Yes there are 6 bed in the top (and 4 racks that hold 3 riles each ;) ) to get to it when you are nearing the top of the ladder hold shift and as soon as you start stepping off it push forward well still holding shift then jump! and you should be on the other side of the glitchy floor :) there is also a big window up there to look out fyi!

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis

Yes. The beds are up on the upper deck, and double as escape pods. I managed to glitch up onto the roof once, and you can actually see the ports they fire from.

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
I personally prefer the Boomslang. I hope that it will be in game some day.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Brutus hands down had the best interior. It was a gunship interior: spartan, a bit dank, and utilitarian. While other teams were throwing everything including the kitchen sink into their designs, Shimapan had a unique sense of restraint.

It LOOKS like a Drake gunship, unlike some other ships which look like...stuff.

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Just watched the Brutus video again on YouTube. What it looks like is some Corporate bigwig at Drake was trying to get a nice military contract.... it has the DRAKE appeal (which I like) combined with a new focus on military needs and not hulling or possession re-acquisitions.

Yex

Space Marshal
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Yex
Does TEST have anyone skilled enough to make an entry for TNGS 2015?
I think we should enter?

I need an Aurora firing canon
For fucking real let's make it happen
Best recruitment ever

Jhonon1

Space Marshal
Mar 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Jhon-On
Brutus looks like I think a Drake bid would look, with all sorts of other drake hulls crammed together to meet the requirements on the cheap.

But the Scimitar looks so good, if perhaps some of those extra spaces had been sacrificed to make Everything else a little roomier it could be an extremely comfy ship. But as it sits the only area that feels like it has any space is the troop deployment bay.

Its a real shame the Redeemer won, I liked aaallllmost every other entry more and particularly hate those wings (even if they are a really cool idea). It's stats also got bumped, so imagine if everyone could do a redesign with slightly increased parameters.
Especially if they included our Aurora Launch Racks

Forgot your password?