the Sentinel

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
So, more to ponder on the Sentinel. Suppose you want to run short "day tripper" missions with it, and don't want the beds, kitchen and toilet for a couple hours.

It appears, that each of the Vanguards have 4 swappable modules counting port fore and aft, then starboard fore and aft, the 4 Vanguard Layouts are currently:

Warden: beds, kitchen, engineering, bath
Hoplite: 2 marines, 2 marines, 2 marines, gunrack
Harbinger: beds, bath, 3S5 torps, kitchen
Sentinel: EWar, bath, beds, kitchen

So, if these are all swappable, it appears for a daytripper, one could possibly run the Sentinel with Ewar, 2 marines, 3S5 Torps, gunrack. This would seemingly raise the life support from 3 crew max to 5, and allow a huge variety of FPS weapons. It also might let you lock down two captives in those chairs. And 3S5 torps. . .I would not want to run into the crew flying something like this.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
So, more to ponder on the Sentinel. Suppose you want to run short "day tripper" missions with it, and don't want the beds, kitchen and toilet for a couple hours.

It appears, that each of the Vanguards have 4 swappable modules counting port fore and aft, then starboard fore and aft, the 4 Vanguard Layouts are currently:

So, if these are all swappable, it appears for a daytripper, one could possibly run the Sentinel with Ewar, 2 marines, 3S5 Torps, gunrack. This would seemingly raise the life support from 3 crew max to 5, and allow a huge variety of FPS weapons. It also might let you lock down two captives in those chairs. And 3S5 torps. . .I would not want to run into the crew flying something like this.

I wasn't aware this was an option. I understand originally they were talking about being able to swap out modules of ships but it seems as we have gone forward the modularity of ships is in their variants and not in the ability to swap out parts of a ship you own to make it like another variant.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl

I was under the impression that the interior modules would be a one for one swap. As in, either Sentinel, Harby, Warden, etc. I haven't heard anything about being able to switch individual parts of the components. I like the idea, as I feel like it would give maximum versatility. Has there been new information released?

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Had my first combat in the sentinel against a villain Connie Andromeda attacking a civilian Cat which I fell out of Quantum and stumbled into. Did an initial fly-by hitting it with the EMP and then just plugged away with the distortions and the Attrition on the chin. considering I only had one damage dealing gun, it was taken down surprisingly quickly which suggests the first fly-past had the effect I was wanting.
Have you tried pulling the distortion weapons and putting in Scorpions? Have you tried replacing the primary reactor with one that putd pout less EM sig, to see if that increases your stealth?

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I wasn't aware this was an option. I understand originally they were talking about being able to swap out modules of ships but it seems as we have gone forward the modularity of ships is in their variants and not in the ability to swap out parts of a ship you own to make it like another variant.
I was under the impression that the interior modules would be a one for one swap.
Yeah, I know. However, there is no denying that the ships were designed with fore and aft modules on each side, and the fact they put the beds on both sides, the kitchen on both sides and even removed the head, does seem to say they intend more modularity here than expected. Otherwise why even bother to build beds and kitchen for both sides?

And just owning, Chris Roberts has always spoken of the Vanguard as something special to him. It is an exception to most rules--hence why all the change of mind about so many things. What we know is, that the Vanguard is the basis for much of SQ42 play, and it is considered the military backbone of long strike. So as I look at the interiors carefully, and note that the fore and aft packages seem to be the same size in all four variants (some oddities with the Warden, but it is the early version), it does seem that some swapping is quite possible.

I doubt I'd want to lose the beds, head and kitchen for most play, since that extended range option is a huge big deal, but if you know you'll be inside a single system you don't need any of those things, it would be great to be able to remove them. A stealth ship, with S 2, 3 ,4 and 5 missiles, an EMP, the wicked ballistic loadout, two powerful, fast recharging shields, crew of up to 5, and the ability to appearas other ships. . .sign me up!!!!!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Have you tried pulling the distortion weapons and putting in Scorpions? Have you tried replacing the primary reactor with one that putd pout less EM sig, to see if that increases your stealth?
Hi, nope I have not changed a thing it's just fine as it is right now. My final game intention is to run with full distortion load-out because I'm a lover not a fighter so eventually when they get the distortion damage working properly and I don't need to blow up a ship to win a fight it'll be the laser that goes rather than the distortions. 🙂

Forgot your password?