Thumper (aka Crusader 6 in game)

Thumper

Commander
Jul 27, 2021
RSI Handle
Crusader 6
Hey guys,

New player here - been in the game all of 11 days. Can't believe I never knew about this alpha - it's like several of my favorite games rolled into one. Although I'm new to this game, I've played a number of MMOs going back to Star Wars Online (the original - before Sony's CURB).

In any case, I'm looking forward to delving further into the game (so far all I've done is BH mission) and wanted to say thanks in advance for answering dumb questions I'll doubtless ask.

Thumper

Commander
Jul 27, 2021
RSI Handle
Crusader 6
Welcome to TEST! And stuff. The only dumb question is the one you don't ask, so ask. Uh, the exception to that rule is if you're drunk when you ask, but go ahead and ask anyway.
lol thx. think i'll go pour myself some scotch as I continue these BH missions. Is there anything else I need to do from the game side to get admitted?

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Welcome to the TEST party!

What ships do you have or want to someday own & what sorts of game play would you like to TEST out?

Welcome to TEST! And stuff. The only dumb question is the one you don't ask, so ask. Uh, the exception to that rule is if you're drunk when you ask, but go ahead and ask anyway.
With respect, I semi disagree. To me the most dumb question that you can ask is how to get yourself kicked out of TEST. My reason for this belief is that many of us would fit right in with the wild & wacky movie characters from Animal House. If you've never seen that movie, I highly recommend doing so. It's a comedic classic.

Thumper

Commander
Jul 27, 2021
RSI Handle
Crusader 6
Welcome to the TEST party!

What ships do you have or want to someday own & what sorts of game play would you like to TEST out?

With respect, I semi disagree. To me the most dumb question that you can ask is how to get yourself kicked out of TEST. My reason for this belief is that many of us would fit right in with the wild & wacky movie characters from Animal House. If you've never seen that movie, I highly recommend doing so. It's a comedic classic.
i'm over 50... yes I've seen that movie :D

I made an impulse purchase and bought a constellation andromeda that I use for most everything. As for ships I'd hope to own.... everything from capital on down i suppose. I like multi-crew ships, but not averse to flying a bad ass heavy fighter!

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Good times. The Andromeda is a nicely capable ship, especially when you're using it with a crew to help with things. I personally like the Connies & I'm sure that with them being 1 of the favorites of Chris Roberts from when they were initially concepted, they will most likely get another update / upgrade pass or 2 before the official launch of Star Citizen. Which should make them even more incredible. It's been said that variety is the spice of life, so I hope that you'll get plenty of ships to help spice of your life around the Verse & make it as enjoyable as possible. I agree with your interest in heavy fighters. There was 1 on concept at the end of May - early June called the Scorpius that was offered for a rather nice price for what it seemed to promise to bring to the table. Currently there are currently 5 different types of "Heavy Fighter" ships, the Vanguards, the Scorpius, the Hurricane, the Ares & the F8C Lightning.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Welcome aboard!

I can guarantee you my first SC related question was the dumbest you can find:

I'd just got a PC which could run the game and the first thing I did was check out my Constallation Taurus in the Hangar module.

I went inside.
"No way, it even has a toilet!"
*Presses F to sit on toilet*
"No way I can SIT on the toilet!"
*Presses F to get off the toilet*
*Nothing happens*
"Oh man this game is so close to reality"
*Presses every other key on the keyboard*
*Nothing happens*
*Starts tapping keys like I'm sending Morse code*
*Nothing happens*

Yes, my first try of Star Citizen I immediately got stuck on the can.

I logged off, logged back in, sat on the toilet again, got stuck again.

I had to join the Roberts Space Industries forum (the thing they had before Spectrum) and ask, officially on the official forum, how you get off the toilet.

Hold Y. Not tap. Not press. Hold.

If you can find a stupider question in stupider cercumstances, I wanna hear it! :like:

Thumper

Commander
Jul 27, 2021
RSI Handle
Crusader 6
Welcome aboard!

I can guarantee you my first SC related question was the dumbest you can find:

I'd just got a PC which could run the game and the first thing I did was check out my Constallation Taurus in the Hangar module.

I went inside.
"No way, it even has a toilet!"
*Presses F to sit on toilet*
"No way I can SIT on the toilet!"
*Presses F to get off the toilet*
*Nothing happens*
"Oh man this game is so close to reality"
*Presses every other key on the keyboard*
*Nothing happens*
*Starts tapping keys like I'm sending Morse code*
*Nothing happens*

Yes, my first try of Star Citizen I immediately got stuck on the can.

I logged off, logged back in, sat on the toilet again, got stuck again.

I had to join the Roberts Space Industries forum (the thing they had before Spectrum) and ask, officially on the official forum, how you get off the toilet.

Hold Y. Not tap. Not press. Hold.

If you can find a stupider question in stupider cercumstances, I wanna hear it! :like:
lol thanks for sharing - definitely makes me feel better about some of the questions I'll be asking! Have to admit I'm chuckling thinking about the responses you doubtless received in global chat... In any case, looking forward to flying around and getting to know you better. Still chuckling....

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
i'm over 50... yes I've seen that movie :D

I made an impulse purchase and bought a constellation andromeda that I use for most everything. As for ships I'd hope to own.... everything from capital on down i suppose. I like multi-crew ships, but not averse to flying a bad ass heavy fighter!
Over 50?.......Scotch?...............Brother of another Mother!...Welcome :o7:

Thumper

Commander
Jul 27, 2021
RSI Handle
Crusader 6
Welcome Sir!

I look forward to flying with you. Or racing M50's around the Verse like Val. Rossi Marc Márquez?

I am fighting myself not to buy this bike: https://www.racingjunk.com/Road-Racing-Motorcycles/184192249/2001-Honda-RVT1000R-RC51-.html?category_id=&search=HONDA+BIKE&quickSearch=1&np_offset=2&from=search for my first track bike LOL.

Cmdr Slum over and out.

o7
I'd kill myself on one of those - ride an Indian Chieftain now (which my soldiers used to haze me about it being a geezer glide). On a separate note - anyone able to log into SC and approve my application? Honestly don't know whether it matters or not, but am assuming there are some features that make communicating with org-mates, etc. a bit easier.

Forgot your password?