Trade in my Avenger titan

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
I think if I had to start with two ships, they wouldn't be Titan and Cutlass Black. They kinda check the same boxes, Cutlass just the next step up.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
I think they need to fix the HUD on the Cutlass Black, pdq too. Seriously, it depends what you want to do with it. The Cutlass has a lot more cargo, but is way slower than the Avenger.
Don't they both go over the limits of your character? I mean, does it matter if Avenger is a bit faster at changing speeds or direction if you can't do it without passing out anyhow? Idk, maybe I'm just terrible at managing my character, but it seems to me I need to limit how quick I turn or speed up with my Avenger anyhow. Same when I tried cutlass.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Don't they both go over the limits of your character? I mean, does it matter if Avenger is a bit faster at changing speeds or direction if you can't do it without passing out anyhow? Idk, maybe I'm just terrible at managing my character, but it seems to me I need to limit how quick I turn or speed up with my Avenger anyhow. Same when I tried cutlass.
I'm going to say: Almost all of our ships can cause your character to experience a redout or a blackout. It's marginally better to have a blackout. But that many g's should be reserved for an "Oh shit" moment that is about to turn into the last moment. You don't routinely pull that many G's if you're in control of the situation.
But I don't know if CIG has the right model for it in SC right now. It's been a while since combat sounded like a good idea for me.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I agree with all of you. My AT is just too small. I need to make money. I would also like to be able to bring a crewmember with me as well. For $150.00 I can get the cutlass black and a firefly.
I would borrow a Cutlass Black first, or ride with someone that has one. See if you like it. If you've already flown it once or twice, then OK. It's not a bad ship, just in combat remember the HUD and the ship's center of mass are not in alignment. It makes some things awkward.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
The Cutlass and Freelancer are basically the next step up from the AT, they fulfill most of the same roles. So you'd have to consider what would you use each for if you have both?
If you have both you just fly one till it gets blown up, then fly the other while it gets fixed. If you have a 3rd ship, say a Freelancer Max, you have a way to earn moderately serious cash to speed up that process.

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
I have owned all of these fine craft and it comes down to time in transit and overall utility for me:wut:.
The Titan was a fun small boat but lacks transit speed between the planets.The freelancer Max carries great guns and loads of cargo but drifts a bit in maneuvering. I kept the Cutlass because the modules can be upgraded as well as guns, Handles well and can do everything from unauthorized surveillance missions , NPC bounties to box delivery and carry some cargo. :like: However with that being said its still limited on how much cargo and ship engagement its capable of handling after improvements so my conclusion is that the Titan is a sexy nimble sports car,...The Freelancer Max is the medium commercial money making Semi truck and the Cutlass is the 1978 Dodge van with fender flares, shag carpeting and 383 big block under the hood that someone put racing stripes on...........I rather like it:o7:

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
The way I see it, the Titan is a great light fighter with fire power half to a medium fighter and it can carry cargo at speed most ships can't keep up with.
The Cutlass Black is like a medium fighter but still a cargo ship that can hull a lot a cargo tho it is slower it's not that slow and it can take a good beating and survive in hands of a good pilot.
Both are great ships in their own way and usefulness which greatly is dependent on what you want to do.
I have both much for the variation that I can chose to hull more slow or less very fast...
Same as both ships can be used as transport, drop ship, fighter, cargo huller or just used to explore places.

And from testing all ships avail at this point I say this two ships are two I always will have in my fleet regardless of how many ships I have.

CHEERS! 🍻

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
My advice is going to run counter to what others are telling you.
Keep the Avenger, because it is a solid ship and a decent fighter.
Don't get the Cutlass because it does nothing well and is in that awkward place trying to do too much. Spend a couple of extra bucks and get a Freelancer to go with your Titan.

This gives you a much bigger step up in capability, keeps you with a multi-role carrier fighter, and gives you half again the capacity of the Cutlass.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
My advice is going to run counter to what others are telling you.
Keep the Avenger, because it is a solid ship and a decent fighter.
Don't get the Cutlass because it does nothing well and is in that awkward place trying to do too much. Spend a couple of extra bucks and get a Freelancer to go with your Titan.

This gives you a much bigger step up in capability, keeps you with a multi-role carrier fighter, and gives you half again the capacity of the Cutlass.
I 3/4's agree. I don't think I would want to take the base model or the Max Freelancers into combat. The DUR and MIS, sure... they have pretty good weapons set but they're back in the same class as the Cutlass for cargo capacity. The only real problem with the Cutlass in that class is the HUD misalignment is extreme. That takes a bit of getting used to. Oh yeah, and the facilities but quality of life in a ship being used for cargo runs is a little like expecting a tug boat to have staterooms. But I would also keep the Avenger, and work on buying something else... like the Cutlass or Freelancer DUR or Max as a second ship. That Avenger is if nothing else, really fun to fly.

mindfart

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
mindfart
The DUR and MIS, sure... they have pretty good weapons set but they're back in the same class as the Cutlass for cargo capacity.
Anyone know if it's possible to (temporarily) remove the missile racks from the MIS for a cargo run? I got my MIS with this in the back of my head, but I am not sure if it is even going to be possible.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Anyone know if it's possible to (temporarily) remove the missile racks from the MIS for a cargo run? I got my MIS with this in the back of my head, but I am not sure if it is even going to be possible.
I don't think that is possible, now or in the future. I look at my MIS as a way of transporting lesser amounts of high value cargo.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I 3/4's agree. I don't think I would want to take the base model or the Max Freelancers into combat. The DUR and MIS, sure... they have pretty good weapons set but they're back in the same class as the Cutlass for cargo capacity. The only real problem with the Cutlass in that class is the HUD misalignment is extreme. That takes a bit of getting used to. Oh yeah, and the facilities but quality of life in a ship being used for cargo runs is a little like expecting a tug boat to have staterooms. But I would also keep the Avenger, and work on buying something else... like the Cutlass or Freelancer DUR or Max as a second ship. That Avenger is if nothing else, really fun to fly.
I was under the Impression that the Base maneuvered better, was faster and carried the same gun mounts as the MIS. The only difference was the quantity of missiles and quantity of cargo, well and price.
Do I have that wrong?

For combat, you still have the Avenger.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I'm sorry, tho the regular Freelancer may have more cargo it will have problem even against a M50 if it attacks.

Wile a Cutlass could just ignore the little M50 like it wasn't even there, so could the MIS and DUR to but a lot less maneuverable ships.

Comparing regular Freelancer and Cutlass is like comparing a Navy replenishment ship with a Navy frigate ship, both can carry cargo but one can bite back a hole lot more.

One is specially for cargo and transport with some protection, the other is protection but can also carry cargo.. Orange and apple!

I know the Freelancer might be a hole lot more pleasing to look at but I would stick with function before form, but that's me.

If you want a Freelancer for cargo the MAX is only choice IMO and it outrun the regular any day of the week, DUR and MIS would work to but then Cutlass is more maneuverable.

If you want to have the option to pick up cargo but still be able to fight your way out of a tight situation Cutlass is the ship you want if you have a limit budget.
That is chosen from what ship is avail now and if the plan include you be able to fly it on your own or with crew..

.....Then trying out the ships and put them through hard testing should easy give you a lot better idea which ship suit you more than our advice.
And I think we have a lot a peps here that can let you borrow either of the ships and you could easy see what ship that you like more.

CHEERS! 🍻

P.S. The Titan is a ship you want to keep no matter what trust me on that. ...D.S.

Last edited:

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I was under the Impression that the Base maneuvered better, was faster and carried the same gun mounts as the MIS. The only difference was the quantity of missiles and quantity of cargo, well and price.
Do I have that wrong?

For combat, you still have the Avenger.
The base and Max Freelancer both have only 2 barrels on each side. The DUR and MIS have 4 on each side. The rear turret on these is just something to think about, but it's not that bad to have. Needs to be manned. Right now, I can also say the DUR has that rear turret. Not entirely sure about the MIS, I only flew one once, some time ago it was a loaner ship from CIG. I can say only it has an impressive missile rack.

And yes the avenger is a good ship in combat. Responsive and fun to fly. I like it because of the fun part, everything else it does is gravy. I upgraded mine to the DUR btw. Sometimes I wish I had not, but the Avenger isn't that expensive if I ever get the urge to blow up more frequently do more combat again.

mindfart

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
mindfart
The base and Max Freelancer both have only 2 barrels on each side. The DUR and MIS have 4 on each side. The rear turret on these is just something to think about, but it's not that bad to have. Needs to be manned. Right now, I can also say the DUR has that rear turret. Not entirely sure about the MIS, I only flew one once, some time ago it was a loaner ship from CIG. I can say only it has an impressive missile rack.

And yes the avenger is a good ship in combat. Responsive and fun to fly. I like it because of the fun part, everything else it does is gravy. I upgraded mine to the DUR btw. Sometimes I wish I had not, but the Avenger isn't that expensive if I ever get the urge to blow up more frequently do more combat again.
It has a turret
1573670650397.png

And by barrels do you mean these?

1573670742203.png

Forgot your password?