Tribute to the Space Penguin (my Ship Showdown contribution)

mr-hasgaha

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Hasgaha

As time goes by and more vehicles join the Star Citizen universe, I ALWAYS end up going back to my Avenger Stalker as my most versatile and aesthetically pleasing vehicle. It’s fast, nimble, packs a punch (dare I say, "above it’s weightclass"?), can accomplish a number of missions, can take passengers (willingly or otherwise), and looks damn good while doing it all.

To celebrate the Avenger, I submitted a Ship Showdown post with over 20 of my favorite in-game screenshots from over the years… along with some brand new ones. All feature the Avenger (mostly Stalker).

View my Ship Showdown Community Hub post HERE

I backed Star Citizen in December 2013 with an Aurora LN. Two weeks later, I melted that brick (sorry TESTies) and upgraded to an Avenger (there were no variants at the time). To this day, it is the only ship I’ve purchased for myself and I have NEVER regretted it. Sure, in some patches, it’s not ideal… but overall, the Avenger Stalker continues to perform and function in the role it was first intended for. It is easily by favorite everyday, all-around vehicle, period.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
It's easy to criticize people for their favorites, but what it shows is that we're all individuals.
The Avenger is what I upgraded to, from the Aurora I had originally. That was not a mistake, I flat didn't think the Aurora was my cup of tea after about 30 minutes. I wasn't a member of TEST then either, but it is what it is. Then, I upgraded the Avenger in January 2018. That was probably a mistake, and I'll probably have to buy an Avenger again.

mr-hasgaha

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Hasgaha
I share in the Space Penguin (Avenger) love. It might not have been my 1st ship, but it was the 1st SC ship that I loved.
I clicked the link & happily up voted your post on the Spectrum page that your post was on @mr-hasgaha . Great job as always!
Hey @mr-hasgaha , I hope that you won't mind, but I decided to retweet your posting about the Ship Showdown with an additional message. I hope that it will help you get more up votes if possible.
Thanks @Talonsbane! And no, of course I don't mind the retweet. But, from my understanding of the showdown, it's the SHIPS that are competing... not the fan made content. For instance, I have upvoted EVERY Avenger post I've seen in the Showdown in the hopes that the Avenger has enough overall votes to get into the next round. But I appreciate the exposure nonetheless.

mr-hasgaha

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Hasgaha
For the money, it offers the best value as a game package.

Amazing pics as always, you find the perfect lighting!
I don't know... I actually think the Cutlass might be the best overall value for a do-it-all ship. The cutlass adds a hint of multicrew functionality AND can carry cargo (from a kiosk). All for $100 ($115 game package). That's more than I would spend on a videogame... but I'm still shocked the Cutlass did not go up in price after the rework. The Cutlass is a lot of ship for that price.

That being said, the Avenger is still better, or course.

As for lighting... just wait until I get my hands on all the glowsticks...

It's easy to criticize people for their favorites, but what it shows is that we're all individuals.
The Avenger is what I upgraded to, from the Aurora I had originally. That was not a mistake, I flat didn't think the Aurora was my cup of tea after about 30 minutes. I wasn't a member of TEST then either, but it is what it is. Then, I upgraded the Avenger in January 2018. That was probably a mistake, and I'll probably have to buy an Avenger again.
Well now I want to know... what ship swayed you from the Avenger? What did you upgrade the Avenger into??

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Thanks @Talonsbane! And no, of course I don't mind the retweet. But, from my understanding of the showdown, it's the SHIPS that are competing... not the fan made content. For instance, I have upvoted EVERY Avenger post I've seen in the Showdown in the hopes that the Avenger has enough overall votes to get into the next round. But I appreciate the exposure nonetheless.
I see, well I hope that I managed to help you in some way @mr-hasgaha because your work is phenomenal.

mr-hasgaha

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Hasgaha
A Cutlass Black. lol now I have two of the dam things, and I'm not quite sure how that happened. Brain fart?
The Cutlass Black is a very close second for me. I don't think I would have bought it for myself, but a friend gave me one a just as the rework was released. It is a fantastic do-it-all ship.

It is the Avenger Titan & of course my beloved 315P for me.
Wonderful screenshots.
Thanks! I like bounty hunting so I lean towards the Stalker specifically... but I do enjoy all the Avengers

Forgot your password?