Ubisoft is making an open world Star Wars game

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
If they can make something as good as KOTOR, I'm in. Story needs to be amazing though as well as the mechanics. So many of their games seem phoned in. Although I haven't tried Fallen Order, how's that one?

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
If they can make something as good as KOTOR, I'm in. Story needs to be amazing though as well as the mechanics. So many of their games seem phoned in. Although I haven't tried Fallen Order, how's that one?
Fallen order is a mediocre softcore version of dark souls fighting style with a boring generic meaningless story with even less interesting characters, sadly. I really wanted to like it, and the gameplay itself is not bad, but the story and levels get old really fast. It lacks any depth, typical console action game, a throwaway title.
I really hope they do take their time and come up with decent story and characters. Although I don't really have the fanatic levels of praise for it, at least KOTOR levels of story would be nice as it was decent enough for its time.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
As much as the the subject matter excites me the studio doing the work has lost their way and so I really have no hope for this game. At best it will be a rehashing of existing game mechanics done mediocrely with lots of game breaking bugs and subpar graphics. They will turn up the graphics for their game demo presentations but the release will be expected to run on yesterdays consoles and so will be tuned for them.

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
Quoting for Truth.. seriously needs to be at least co-op if not full mmo.

Ubisoft has made some fumbles recently, but they have experience with this. Ghost Recon Wildlands is *still* a timesink for me. Not because it's a spectacular game, but because of the ease in which it provides military-themed co-op play.
Please dont be shit!

Give me an open world, heavy on Co-op, not PVP up the ass.

Customize your lightsaber, find powerful crystals to boost effects... so much to do!

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
I miss Star Wars Galaxies (Pre CU) so much... No open world SW game has ever been able to compare to this one. Well i know it was a mmo, not really the same as what is announced, and i hope to be wrong this time and that Ubi will make something fantastic. Open world like SWG and story like KOTOR1&2 would be awsome.

Fastball

Admiral
Dec 7, 2018
RSI Handle
Fastball
I miss Star Wars Galaxies (Pre CU) so much... No open world SW game has ever been able to compare to this one. Well i know it was a mmo, not really the same as what is announced, and i hope to be wrong this time and that Ubi will make something fantastic. Open world like SWG and story like KOTOR1&2 would be awsome.
I was fingers crossed for a SWG 2 without Jedi too!

Reactions: Scape and Bambooza

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
Massive entertainment has a pretty decent game history. Far Cry 3, Division and Division 2 (hope they learned some lessons from those).
I do hope they will incorporate some 'Just Dance' elements!

Forgot your password?