Update: Wykstrom has passed - Star Citizen community and Capt Richard raised $17k for Wykstrom!

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Update Sept 19, 2020 - It is with great sadness that I must report that this morning, Wykstrom passed away.

o7 Wykstrom

-----------------------------

This was an amazing evening as an outpouring of support for Wykstrom's family raised $17k for his gofundme. (https://www.gofundme.com/f/wykstrom-cancer-care-fund)

Wykstrom is currently is hospice care after a lengthy two year battle with an aggressive abdominal cancer. He has put up a good fight, but the latest information I have gotten is that it's not looking good.

1600489179037.png

Wykstrom was a very active member back when we just launched the TEST Gaming stream team. He helped the streamers with their graphics and anything else they needed done.

While I can't say I knew him as well as I would have liked, he made a huge impression on all those around him and never hesitated to lend a helping hand.

His mother has gone deep into debt taking care of him during his illness over the past two years, so his good friend MajorStaticX set up this gofundme earlier today.

View: https://clips.twitch.tv/TemperedMistyBeaverThunBeast

Last edited:

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
He passed away last night, rest in peace our fellow TESTie, you will be missed by us all!
His best friend MetalMachine posted this info this morning on Wykstrom's discord.

Share a moment to honor our comrade

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
He passed away last night, rest in peace our fellow TESTie, you will be missed by us all!
His best friend MetalMachine posted this info this morning on Wykstrom's discord.

Share a moment to honor our comrade
My sincerest commiserations, thoughts are with friends, family and fellow TESTies.

Enduring thanks and eternal Glory to Wykstrom, a TESTie who was a contributor to the early foundations of TEST Squadron, BEST Squardon.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I think when I first started watching Twitch, his was one of the first streams I watched...I hadn't seen him stream for quite a while and was wondering why...I remembered he had a thing about Halloween and pumpkins and I was starting to wonder what happened to him, and then a couple days later I found out about all this. Very sad...Wykstrom, you will be missed.

Still not too late to donate...

Forgot your password?