RSI Handle
Radegast74

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Antthem is now officially deader than this thread...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH7KYmGnj40
Well fuck. Guess I'll never get that in game store credit back.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Well fuck. Guess I'll never get that in game store credit back.
Well, in the spirit of the internet, I may have exaggerated a little...according to their blog post, their servers are still going, they just aren't going to do all the new & better-er things that they had promised.

In the spirit of transparency and closure we wanted to share that we’ve made the difficult decision to stop our new development work on Anthem (aka Anthem NEXT). We will, however, continue to keep the Anthem live service running as it exists today.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Well, in the spirit of the internet, I may have exaggerated a little...according to their blog post, their servers are still going, they just aren't going to do all the new & better-er things that they had promised.
Hell someone really belive in that statement?
I'm not an Anthem player or owner, but since they rush out the game in the first place, screw every update and possible fix to the drop rating and then declare a "full rework" of the game... hell even people that don't follow the game can see something is not right....
Plus it's written Bioware but is spelled EA so, to lean on the pessimistic side, they probably try to push the sell of the game with some promeses, if the sell goes up good keep investing in it, if not just scrap it and call theday
I know this sound like a "thinfoil hat" point of view... sadly I'm usually right on this subject...
BTW @Montoya we'll be waiting for your video comment on this news!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Now is more like a living-death service game I suppose...
It's a bit like the public transport trains system. It's not enough to have rails, timetables and carriages - they get old, they slow down, the timetables become out of date as peak demand shifts month by month, and people choose or are forced to move to different ways of getting A to B unless they don't have any other option. You have to keep spending to maintain the network keeping it up to date and valid, or people will drift away and when you finally do put some capital into it, it'll be too late.

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
Anthem really could have been great.

The rough multi-platform implementation was also something that proved to be a bridge too far for the game. PS4s choked on it.

Star Citizen's focus on building for the PC is a plus for this game.

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
Well, it hung on a little longer than I said, I said it would be dead and the servers switched off at the end of 2019, but it hung on in there and although it was unofficially dead by then its taken them a year to admit defeat, take it out back and put a bullet in it.

You cant have a live service looter shooter with no loot and no end game, its as simple as that.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Well, it hung on a little longer than I said, I said it would be dead and the servers switched off at the end of 2019, but it hung on in there and although it was unofficially dead by then its taken them a year to admit defeat, take it out back and put a bullet in it.

You cant have a live service looter shooter with no loot and no end game, its as simple as that.
Well in case you miss it in 2020 there was a global pandemic... everyone was working from home (if warking at all)... you can't pull a plug on a server while working from home, so here we have a 1 year delay!

EDIT: I'm sarcastic in case some one don't notice it...

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
😡

Sad news today.

Anthem could have been great!
Hate to say it but I expected as much, Anthem 2.0 was never going to work, for the 2 years they would have had to put into they would have had to expect major sales, pre-orders etc... and no one was going to buy that game a 2nd time, well some would but not nearly enough to warrant another 2 year developer investment.

Forgot your password?