Wandering Mercenaries Wander

Indigo Bat

Captain
Aug 29, 2021
RSI Handle
IndigoBat
Hello there Test Squadron!

I am Indigo Bat, a wandering who has been looking for a new home since having left EvE Online many years ago. Star Citizen has been a delightful distraction, and I am enamored with finally being able to join my first Organization, after puzzling through the 'verse solo with only a few friends to share time with. In my EvE Online days, I was a logistics director and piloted both CovOps and Capital Ships while making sure what was needed got to where it was needed in the time it was needed out in nullsec space. I enjoy working both above and below the law, and rolled with Old School Pirates for most of my career there.

Star Citizen to me, is the game that I've always wanted - a multiplayer, modern Wing Commander with less awkward Kilrathi suits and more places to explore. I have always been a fan of Sci-Fi, including shows like Firefly, The Expanse, and various Treks and Wars of the Star variety. I am also a fan of the 80's Cyberpunk aesthetic, which may explain why I like Area18 so much even though I can never find the Starport on my first fly over.

This universe has potential unmatched by anything else out there, and even in its incomplete state I have enjoyed hunting and being hunted in PvP, exploring the snow-covered mountains and plains of Yela, and am still looking for those Oasis on Hurston that theoretically still exist. I mine Quant when I'm relaxing, and lately I've been really enjoying the chaos that is Xenothreat, even if no one seems to understand how to deal with crossfire or calling out load instructions.

My first game was Chess. If you mean video games, it was The Legend of Zelda, the first one. Deadly Towers for the NES was a close second, but I could never get past the third tower...

For other games, I stay active with a Final Fantasy XIV community, which you may know is free to play up to level 60- .. that meme may not fly here, so I'll stop there. FFXIV, City Skylines, Supreme Commander, Minecraft and Space Engineers. My reaction speed is a bit too low for the FPS and competitive play games, but I used to play League of Legends and Counterstrike, but I think everyone has at some point.

I approached TEST after being recommended by an acquantance that I made in 'verse, after they noted I was looking for a place that didn't restrict themselves solely to cloak/ dagger or shiny armor gameplay. Mercenaries need to pay for their gear somehow, and it doesn't make sense to always just follow in the shadow of the UEE outside of their pay.

I do work fulltime 40+ hours a week and am currently in a Bachelor's/ Master's program so my time is fairly limited outside of weekends.

I am pleased that you are willing to have me.

*cough*Evil Janeway*cough*

I mean Picard.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Forget star citizen I think you should become a writer.

Ps there's nothing wrong with wanting to slip janeway out of her ablative armour.....

Indigo Bat

Captain
Aug 29, 2021
RSI Handle
IndigoBat
Forget star citizen I think you should become a writer.

Ps there's nothing wrong with wanting to slip janeway out of her ablative armour.....
You may jest, but I am preparing for my advanced English composition course that starts this week...

My favorite Janeway though is from the episode "Living Witness", where they have the most war-crime making, self-driven mercenary version of a Starfleet Captain that could ever possibly exist - so powerful that even the Borg served her and half her ship was actually made of Photon Torpedo tubes.

Voyager was like if the writers for Aeon Flux were given the reigns to a Star Trek series and just went to town at some points.

Former EvE player here too, for like 11 years till 2014 before I found out that I had no more interest in it...
EvE Online is basically a sci-fi game for spreadsheet lovers. I like spreadsheets, but not that much, and I already work too much :) It was funny to combat drop several POSes in a system though.

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
Hello there Test Squadron!

I am Indigo Bat, a wandering who has been looking for a new home since having left EvE Online many years ago. Star Citizen has been a delightful distraction, and I am enamored with finally being able to join my first Organization, after puzzling through the 'verse solo with only a few friends to share time with. In my EvE Online days, I was a logistics director and piloted both CovOps and Capital Ships while making sure what was needed got to where it was needed in the time it was needed out in nullsec space. I enjoy working both above and below the law, and rolled with Old School Pirates for most of my career there.

Star Citizen to me, is the game that I've always wanted - a multiplayer, modern Wing Commander with less awkward Kilrathi suits and more places to explore. I have always been a fan of Sci-Fi, including shows like Firefly, The Expanse, and various Treks and Wars of the Star variety. I am also a fan of the 80's Cyberpunk aesthetic, which may explain why I like Area18 so much even though I can never find the Starport on my first fly over.

This universe has potential unmatched by anything else out there, and even in its incomplete state I have enjoyed hunting and being hunted in PvP, exploring the snow-covered mountains and plains of Yela, and am still looking for those Oasis on Hurston that theoretically still exist. I mine Quant when I'm relaxing, and lately I've been really enjoying the chaos that is Xenothreat, even if no one seems to understand how to deal with crossfire or calling out load instructions.

My first game was Chess. If you mean video games, it was The Legend of Zelda, the first one. Deadly Towers for the NES was a close second, but I could never get past the third tower...

For other games, I stay active with a Final Fantasy XIV community, which you may know is free to play up to level 60- .. that meme may not fly here, so I'll stop there. FFXIV, City Skylines, Supreme Commander, Minecraft and Space Engineers. My reaction speed is a bit too low for the FPS and competitive play games, but I used to play League of Legends and Counterstrike, but I think everyone has at some point.

I approached TEST after being recommended by an acquaintance that I made in 'verse, after they noted I was looking for a place that didn't restrict themselves solely to cloak/ dagger or shiny armor gameplay. Mercenaries need to pay for their gear somehow, and it doesn't make sense to always just follow in the shadow of the UEE outside of their pay.

I do work fulltime 40+ hours a week and am currently in a Bachelor's/ Master's program so my time is fairly limited outside of weekends.

I am pleased that you are willing to have me.

*cough*Evil Janeway*cough*

I mean Picard.
Welcome Bat,

I am glad that we have fond another stray of the verse and are able to find you a home here with us.

I too have thousands of hours in CS, and have just started to mess about in in Minecraft now that CitizenGunnar is a big fan and can show me the ropes. I owned a professional LCS LoL Team, back in season 3 or 4 but really was not ever any good at (read had the attention span for) MOBA's, and never made it out of gold even with my 4 D1's and Challenger there to help me, for a few days. Shows you how bad at League I was tho. Riot was, sort of still is a client of mine tho.

*acquaintance by the way, I think you meant ;)

Goo luck with your BA/MA and I hope you have pre-ordered Amazon Games' New World because boy is that going to be massive amounts of fun for you, I think, now that you are officially in "The TESTES" squad. A lot of us will be messing around with NW when it comes out here in a month or two. It sounds like you will enjoy it, but I could be wrong I guess.

Eve eh, I havenever have hard of it.

Former EvE player here too, for like 11 years till 2014 before I found out that I had no more interest in it (and less and less time to spend in that second job of a game). Welcome to the party Indigo Bat ! 🍻
Yeah, I have never heard of that game before. No clue what you are talking about. Hmm.

:o7:

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
My reaction speed is a bit too low for the FPS and competitive play games. . .
Hail and well met!

Let me suggest you check out the vids online of those who win at Star Marine. It's seldom the kids with the twitchy skills. The winners are mostly older players who play smart, so for example; they run as often as possible. Anyone can learn to play smart.

Forgot your password?