What do you look for in SC spaceships these days?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Haha, I'm naming my ships based on stuff my kid has said. Toddler speak.
That is going to turn out INCREDIBLY! :love::love::love:

Can we get him to do our next diplomatic statement when some butthole starts trying to pretend to be us?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
That is going to turn out INCREDIBLY! :love::love::love:

Can we get him to do our next diplomatic statement when some butthole starts trying to pretend to be us?
But of course. Pending @Montoya's approval of course, lol.
Yeah, I have a list of words and terms that I personally think are hilarious. They're very incherting.
All I'm looking for is a shitter where I can leave the door open to assert my dominance. That's why I love my Connie and my 300i. Powershitting is where its at.
#lifegoals

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Have you been on a WWII battleship and seen the wheelhouse? I assure you, even the starfarer has more visibility...
I have, though it has been a while. And the visibility from the wheelhouse is exactly what the Freelancer and Starfarer remind me of.

Nightlane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 26, 2017
RSI Handle
Nightlane
I'm looking for a ship that could work for a "jack of all trade": I'm not willing to commit to a single activity full time, so I need something that can do cargo, work as a drop ship for a small infiltration squad, have some firepower for keep at bay the avarage pirate and so on... And it has to looks good and not like a bunch of components keep toghter with glue and ductape...

Actually I'm loooking to the Starrunner: sleeek design, good cargo capacity, enought firepower to deal with small pirate ship and doing some bounty huting, a good interior design where you can relax and spend some chilling time, and the adding bnonus of the data scanner that open up an extra gameplay capability. And let's be honest: how coool is the Starrunner with the Advocacy skin.....
So 890J 😜😈

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I just really like the outside look of the 600 and the cockpit layout.
Counterpoint: The Origin 600i is the Drake Interplanetary of Luxury because inside the 600i are no frills. Just curves, curves and nothing to look at.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I am liking the idea of the Corsair, probably going to melt my Aquila and upgrade to it. I like the Mercury Runner, I really do, but damn is it undergunned. I mean, I am still keeping it, but it does kill the versatility a bit for it.
It's definitely designed to run from a fight.
. . .I need something that can do cargo, work as a drop ship for a small infiltration squad, have some firepower for keep at bay the avarage pirate. . .

Actually I'm loooking to the Starrunner: sleeek design, good cargo capacity, enought firepower to deal with small pirate ship and doing some bounty huting, a good interior design where you can relax and spend some chilling time, and the adding bnonus of the data scanner that open up an extra gameplay capability. And let's be honest: how coool is the Starrunner with the Advocacy skin....
If you don't plan to use the Runner's computers, and you have any notions of fighting with the ship, I would look long and hard at the Corsair, but just like all ships this size, if you fly it alone you should expect trouble. I think people don't realize what a tempting target medium multi-crew ships will be based simply on the expectation that they're often flown solo, and that makes them perfect prey for a boarding party. A lone Hoplite with a good crew will probably make easy prey of Lancers, Runners, Corvairs, 600's and all the Connies. Given that, if you really do love the Runner, Sunder's notion of stealthing it is a really great one, IMHO. No one attacks what they don't know is there.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
If you don't plan to use the Runner's computers, and you have any notions of fighting with the ship, I would look long and hard at the Corsair, but just like all ships this size, if you fly it alone you should expect trouble. I think people don't realize what a tempting target medium multi-crew ships will be based simply on the expectation that they're often flown solo, and that makes them perfect prey for a boarding party. A lone Hoplite with a good crew will probably make easy prey of Lancers, Runners, Corvairs, 600's and all the Connies. Given that, if you really do love the Runner, Sunder's notion of stealthing it is a really great one, IMHO. No one attacks what they don't know is there.
Well Stelth gameplay is always a constant in my gameplay so yes, I'll definitly tune up the ship for a low signature...
Using the computer array well, is not the primary funciont, but it definitly be unother surce of income for sure, can't say if the primary or not at the moment, we'll see when it will came into cameplay.
The corsair is a nice ship but I'm not in love with it... not really a fan of Drake product, too rusty for my taste

Nightlane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 26, 2017
RSI Handle
Nightlane
That is a bit too big for a casual every day use.... and it cost a lot more... and don't have the Advocacy skin... but if you have a spare one I'll take it....
I can lend you that ship or others if you want.

Advocacy skin? cutlass blue?

BTW, have you checked the Valkyrie? Hercules?

Those are more expensive, but maybe a good upgrade sooner or later.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
I can lend you that ship or others if you want.

Advocacy skin? cutlass blue?

BTW, have you checked the Valkyrie? Hercules?

Those are more expensive, but maybe a good upgrade sooner or later.
Yep I know both the Valkire and the Hercules!
Love the Valkire is a really good dropship and I'm looking forward to buy one in game.
We used one during some TSMC night few monts ago, very fun and versatile ship.

Don't know to much about the Hercules... the military variant seams a good option... at a first glance seams a lot bigger then the valkire, a bit to much for a common use, but I'll wait to judge when it will become available in PU.

Forgot your password?