What I like about Ubisoft

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
So my son, in sixth grade, has been studying the Peloponnesian War. He loves it. Assassins Creed, like most of their games focus on history. That is awesome, whether the kids know it or not. Thank you Ubisoft for thinking about it and making games that are not only engaging but educational. I am not saying these games are violence free, but none the less, they ARE educational. I can't wait for Valhalla, grandpa will be impressed with the knowledge of his grandson... more sword and shields to keep grandpa busy.

Last edited:

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
AC has a relativly loose relationship with history, BUT it still is one of the more historical accurate games.
I admit AC is doing good research at depicting historic cities and landscapes, also sometimes the time frame is a little off. (can't blame them almost no one wants to see the 15th fishing village which looks the same)

The most historical accurate game i have ever seen is
Kingdom Come Deliverance ( i wouldn't recommend it to a 6th grader, the game is still a little special)

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
AC has a relativly loose relationship with history, BUT it still is one of the more historical accurate games.
I agree... but it is the idea - Pythagoras, ALCIBIADES, SOCRATES, ASPASIA, LEONIDAS, HERODOTUS, etc... We all know kids do not learn this in our schools today... so we take what we can get :)

So the story is fantastical (not to proper scale and the characters are interesting probably unlike they were real life), I agree, but it still covers the big picture, even if it is not 100%.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Ubisoft: monetizing your favorite parts of history since 2007!
But on a serious note, I did really enjoy reading the historical notes and playing the "museum" version of Origins. Ancient Egypt is just awesome for me, especially since they built the Stargate! Lol

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Man if you like history check out the Paradox Interactive games (Europa Universalis IV, Crusader Kings 3, Hearts of Iron 4, etc).

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
The words Ubisoft and Like don't usually belong in the same sentence, but I see what you are getting at so I salute your history teaching idea.

Reactions: Lorddarthvik
Forgot your password?