WTB a BUK

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I think Cromwell may be correct. @Stevetank will probably have more info, he's my ship guru. But if I recall correctly, the reason I went Sentinel was because there was something about the armor/frame that wouldn't be transfer to other Harby frame.
I am planning for it being the hull is the hull and the armor is an integral part, just in case. (Which is why I am carrying a Warden to Harby CCU as of this anniversary sale, which I can melt.)
Having said that.

From the Q&A page: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/14934-Q-A-Vanguard-Variants-Part-I
Will using one of these actually change the hard points of the ship? Turn it from a full fledged Warden into a full fledged Harbinger?
Yes, the kits give you the same statistics as the other ship, replacing parts where needed. (The most significant example of this is the Harbinger kit, which adds internal torpedo hardpoints by swapping the entire escape pod.) The only difference with the base ship will be the appearance: you’ll see the upgraded equipment, but stylistic changes that don’t impact specifications will not alter (ie, your ship won’t change color or overall shape.)
And from https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/14935-Q-A-Vanguard-Variants-Part-II

Are the cockpit differences purely cosmetic or are they functionally different? (Sentinel’s AR cockpit, Harbinger’s armored panels)
The cockpits are functionally different. The Sentinel features an AR cockpit, discussed above, and the Harbinger’s cockpit includes additional armored panels to protect the pilot. These upgrades are included in the BUK packages.

Last edited:
  • o7
Reactions: Blind Owl

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
I am resurecrting that thread because i have a question.

I wanted to go Sentinel as the standalone ship, and got warden and harbinger BUKs. But i am thinking now of going Warden as standalone ship and get a Sentinel BUK.

According to the posts above, it seems the ship retains its characteristics.

But from the Q&A it states that the statistics would change.

Will using one of these actually change the hard points of the ship? Turn it from a full fledged Warden into a full fledged Harbinger?

Yes, the kits give you the same statistics as the other ship, replacing parts where needed. (The most significant example of this is the Harbinger kit, which adds internal torpedo hardpoints by swapping the entire escape pod.) The only difference with the base ship will be the appearance: you’ll see the upgraded equipment, but stylistic changes that don’t impact specifications will not alter (ie, your ship won’t change color or overall shape.)
So are armor/speed and others stats changing or not?

The answer to this will decide what path i'll go for the vanguard standalone.

Doyzer

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Doyzer

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
I don't think even CIG knows exactly what form BUKs will take in the end.

Yep i know about that too.

The thing is that it is not clearly explained in that shipyard post what are the difference. Only cosmetic? (Warden is visually a Warden even with Sentinel buk modules).

So to be specific, will a Warden with a Sentinel central room keep the top speed of a Warden and not a Sentinel? (almost 100m/s difference, that is a lot).

If yes, then i'd go Warden as base ship, and try to get some Sentinel BUK somewhere, since i prefer faster ships.
If no, in the event the stats do change, then i will stay like that and keep the Sentinel, and use the other BUKs i have, because Sentinel is LTI (so LTI components) and Harbi BUK is LTI. The Warden BUK 2 years is less interesting in the end in that scenario.

I hope this will be clarified once those "combo packs" will be introduced someday... untill then i'm holding my final plans.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I am resurecrting that thread because i have a question.

I wanted to go Sentinel as the standalone ship, and got warden and harbinger BUKs. But i am thinking now of going Warden as standalone ship and get a Sentinel BUK.

According to the posts above, it seems the ship retains its characteristics.

But from the Q&A it states that the statistics would change.

So are armor/speed and others stats changing or not?

The answer to this will decide what path i'll go for the vanguard standalone.
Based on what they have told us, the components, not just the modules and weapons, change.

Specifically the Harbinger kit adds the extra armor, is what they said.

Exactly how this will all play out is unknown.

Forgot your password?