10 year CCU token

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Okey, so we all know what an LTI token is. You buy a cheap ship with LTI, you can then upgrade that ship to whatever you want. But perhaps you, like I, have some recruitment reward ship you simply can't melt, but you'd want it to have a longer insurance somehow. Well, that's what you can do with 10 year CCU token, it not only upgrades your ship, but it also upgrades the insurance.

Today, the 10 year CCU token is Mustang Delta, a $60 ship. So go and buy, for example, Cyclone $55 to $60 mustang delta. Now you can upgrade the insurance, and the ship itself, of any ship under $55 to 10 year insurance and you can make full use of those $0 value rewards you might've gotten.

Cyclone10yearccutoken.png

These things release in waves, it's different token every day during the anniversary.
3 waves each day, limited availability.
The waves are
WAVE 1: 9:00 am EST / 14:00 UTC
WAVE 2: 3:00 pm EST / 20:00 UTC
WAVE 3: 9:00 pm EST / 02:00 UTC

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I just checked the Concierge Services page to see if their FAQ's could help in this matter. Here's what is posted:

CIG - Ship Upgrade Insurance.PNG

Just to be safe, I also sent in a Concierge ticket asking about ships earned through the referral system as I thought that I'd heard that those came with LTI but are account bound. I'll update here when the reply. They are usually rather quick to do so. LoL Concierge memberships does have a few nice perks.

Reactions: FZD and Blind Owl

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
I just checked the Concierge Services page to see if their FAQ's could help in this matter. Here's what is posted:

View attachment 14356

Just to be safe, I also sent in a Concierge ticket asking about ships earned through the referral system as I thought that I'd heard that those came with LTI but are account bound. I'll update here when the reply. They are usually rather quick to do so. LoL Concierge memberships does have a few nice perks.
I think at this point we shouldn't be surprised to find outdated info on FAQs. Besides that would be right in every other instance, but these limited warbond CCU offers (that you can recognize from the IAE icon on the upper left corner) specifically state they update the insurance as well.

Now, I don't know about other referral rewards, but the Merlin I got during the referral promotion has only 6 months of insurance.

Worth noting that these 10year CCU tokens could also be used to upgrade your game packages insurance, if for whatever reason you don't want to melt it. If I melted mine, I'd lose at least $30 with SQ42.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I think at this point we shouldn't be surprised to find outdated info on FAQs. Besides that would be right in every other instance, but these limited warbond CCU offers (that you can recognize from the IAE icon on the upper left corner) specifically state they update the insurance as well.

Now, I don't know about other referral rewards, but the Merlin I got during the referral promotion has only 6 months of insurance.

Worth noting that these 10year CCU tokens could also be used to upgrade your game packages insurance, if for whatever reason you don't want to melt it. If I melted mine, I'd lose at least $30 with SQ42.
My original game package was the AMD Never Settle In Space promotion that came with the R9 Mustang Omega. Once modified, these ships can't be melted to reset them by buying them back. The same thing goes with the Intel Sabre Ravens.

Reactions: Blind Owl and FZD

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Heads up, todays token is Prospector at $140. Personally snagged Freelance Dur to Prospector, for the cheap warbond price

Last edited:

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Hmm, so my Merlin is valued at $25, but I got it for $0 as it's referral reward.
The Mustang Delta is $65, but the CCU warbond price was $60 (or well, $5 for $55 cyclone to $65 Delta)
The prospector is $150, but the warbond CCU price is $140...

So if I were to connect the dots between my Merlin and the Prospector, I'd get a $150 prospector for the actual price of $110.
I like playing Pledge Store.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Todays token is Esperia Blade at $250
Hmm, the closest is Constellation Andromea / Vanguard Hoplite, but it'll still be $15-$25 warbond.
Well, the Blade IS $275, so that's still $25 saved.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
The Sabre???
Sabre IAE cost over 200$, the Avenger Titan is 61 and have the same IAE insurance option... much better for a 10 year token... or I'm missing some point in there??
I get your point, I was just stating what the site stated that the CCU token was for today. Personally, I purchased a Taurus to Sabre for the boost to 10 year insurance for $5 cash, I then used credit to go from my 5 year Avenger Stalker starter bundle to the Taurus. Thus doubling its insurance length for only $5 new money. If I had my say in which they had chosen, I would've preferred that the CCU token for today have been the Warlock.

Reactions: FZD and Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Ok, I already have 1 Sabre. I don't want 2. Is there a way to melt or upgrade my original Sabre with the lesser insurance to the 10yr insurance version of the Sabre. And if I can, how do I do that?
Just melt your Sabre, then use store credit to buy a taurus, then spend 5 actually dollars to upgrade the Taurus to the Sabre through the IAE deal. Easy peasy

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Allright, the 10 year CCU token extravaganza is over, hope we'll get similar next year.

Personally, I really liked this event. Not only did I put more dollars in to support the development, but I actually managed to turn my $330 cost $340 value Starfarer Gemini into $280 cost $340 value Starfarer Gemini by melting, buying back my original Warbond Hawk LTI applying these warbond discounted CCUs.

Shame they didn't make a neater straight, but ah well. I did make a mistake or two when buying the warbond CCUs, so not exactly saving lot of money here, but at the end of the day, I now got $70 in-store credit to fool around with, so... I'd say that's a win. And there is a fresh $100 there to support the development (I bought other stuff as well :D )

Forgot your password?