Oct 1, 2015
RSI Handle
reyalp

halfsane

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2014
RSI Handle
halfsane
Why would they change this game to a tunnel people survival game ? Won't that cause issues with the community ?

edit: holy crap, they are switching to lumberjack. I think it's a branch of cryengine with amazon cloud integration basically.

Last edited:

Lythan

Vice Admiral
Oct 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Lythan
Released to live on the 23rd, like I mentioned in a previous thread :nerd:

What was the point in buying cry engine and hire all the people who are experts on cryengine just to ditch 4 years of that development?
Its not ditching much of anything. Lumberyard is a branch-off from CryEngine and the way they build Star Citizen allowed for a smooth and quick transition into Lumberyard, with improved stability and reliability for the forseeable future. Why so negative?:beer:

Reactions: DeepDrum

Bigcracker

Space Marshal
Feb 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Bigcracker8789
Released to live on the 23rd, like I mentioned in a previous thread :nerd:

Its not ditching much of anything. Lumberyard is a branch-off from CryEngine and the way they build Star Citizen allowed for a smooth and quick transition into Lumberyard, with improved stability and reliability for the forseeable future. Why so negative?:beer:
Don't mean to be negative. I thought they switched to a whole different engine and didnt read into it before I reacted. :confounded:

Reactions: Lythan

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
My experience with 2.6 so far:
Started the game, chose PU-> Crusader. Froze on loading screen.
Tried again, worked this time. Pressed F1 to bring up the missions menu, can't click anything. Can't check or uncheck missions. Finally, I discovered that I have to spam click 1 inch under the option I wanted to maybe select or deselect it. Not really sure.
Chose the Tessa mission, clicked the ship request terminal. Nothing happened. Finally, after a long wait, the menu appears and I request my Herald. Walk to it, clip through the ladder twice, manage to get in; found the option to close the door (it only says "close" in an area unrelated to the actual freaking door). I go to Tessa and to the first location she sends me to (the one with the beeper). I get attacked and lose sight of the beeper. Took me 10 freaking minutes to find it again. I long press "F" to get out the pilot seat of the Herald and get launched the f into space. Crawl my way back, activate the beeper, go toward my Herald. I click the ladder, get flung into space again. Run back to the Herald, manage to get inside, click "f" to get into the pilot seat and get flung through the windshield into space again.
I pressed Alt+F4 and won't be logging into Star Citizen again anytime soon.
Before you tell me this is Alpha, I know. But this is embarrassing. If I were a new, potential backer and this was my first contact with SC during this free-fly, I wouldn't look twice at the game.

Reactions: BenjiMac

Lythan

Vice Admiral
Oct 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Lythan
Tried again, worked this time. Pressed F1 to bring up the missions menu, can't click anything. Can't check or uncheck missions. Finally, I discovered that I have to spam click 1 inch under the option I wanted to maybe select or deselect it. Not really sure.
Chose the Tessa mission, clicked the ship request terminal. Nothing happened. Finally, after a long wait, the menu appears and I request my Herald. Walk to it, clip through the ladder twice, manage to get in; found the option to close the door (it only says "close" in an area unrelated to the actual freaking door). I go to Tessa and to the first location she sends me to (the one with the beeper). I get attacked and lose sight of the beeper. Took me 10 freaking minutes to find it again. I long press "F" to get out the pilot seat of the Herald and get launched the f into space. Crawl my way back, activate the beeper, go toward my Herald. I click the ladder, get flung into space again. Run back to the Herald, manage to get inside, click "f" to get into the pilot seat and get flung through the windshield into space again.
Before you tell me this is Alpha, I know. But this is embarrassing. If I were a new, potential backer and this was my first contact with SC during this free-fly, I wouldn't look twice at the game.
This is like a harsh lesson for anyone... patches, DLC's, brand new games: generally a bugfest, unless you really trust the devs to have a name for polish (Witcher 3 was pretty good I think) Alpha, beta, Live ... states don't seem to matter much but early on its more "forgivable" :p

@supitza Your a brave man to head in on D-day.

Reactions: supitza

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Wait there's a fast patcher mode??? The normal patcher is already pretty damn fast! Hooray for Amazon!!!

StarCServerBOOOOOOm.PNG

Reactions: Lythan

BenjiMac

Commander
Dec 11, 2016
RSI Handle
macFionnlagh
Agreed, it simply is not good enough. Nobody expects a final product or a bug free experience but some of this stuff is embarrassing in a project this old.

the nature of game development and the scale of the project doesnt excuse some of this very basic stuff thats still lacking.

I just avoid the mini PU for the most part and enjoy the other bits.

Reactions: supitza

tyrois

Grand Admiral
Dec 6, 2015
RSI Handle
tyrois
Agreed, it simply is not good enough. Nobody expects a final product or a bug free experience but some of this stuff is embarrassing in a project this old.

the nature of game development and the scale of the project doesnt excuse some of this very basic stuff thats still lacking.

I just avoid the mini PU for the most part and enjoy the other bits.

Old project? I've worked I projects for 5+ years before anyone outside the company even knows, or hears anything about it. Most games at this stage have no playability at all just a few nicely done scripted trailers.

Reactions: supitza and Lythan

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
My experience so far...hopped into the 'verse, called up my Sabre, took off to do a Radegast run at Kareah, and upon leaving my Sabre for EVA got the old "spinning Sabre" issue. I was able to get in 3 of 4 times during CommLink missions, but gave up and called up my Super Hornet which had no issues.

The "Use" button has been replaced with a more context related "Use" like "Enter Pilot Seat" when getting into a ship, instead of just "Use". However, it seems to be a bit more "squirrelly" as I had to more consistently go back and forth and around objects to get it to come up.

I left my old USER file in the first go around, which helped tremendously as I have dual joysticks and have made a number of changes. My ships handled just like they always did. After reading the ReadMe, I got rid of my USER folder (saving a copy) and of course, all my key remaps are gone. Sheesh...I'm gonna drag it back into my CIG folder, as long as it works (let me know if I shouldn't).

So far...so good, for alpha stuff. Looking forward to racking up some UEC, and the getting into Star Marine.

DeepDrum

Captain
Jun 27, 2016
RSI Handle
DeepDrum
My first flight in an anvil hornet wildfire was pretty amazing after I equipped it with my favourite guns.
I also had to equip it with ammo. Thumbsup for the progress made thus far.
bye bye 2.5 hello verse.

Reactions: Radegast74
Forgot your password?