2.6 - I am loving my Sabre

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Never really liked it before, preferred the Hornet but loaded my Sabre with 4 x Puroburst scattercannons and it is ludicrous mode - tried it out in pirate swarm just a quickie as it's nearly 3am, and got to wave 15 on my own.

Will do it with some concentration tomorrow and hope to win it.

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
I kept the 2 panthers in the rear and put 2 tarantulas up front, and I'm hating it. On the other hand, I'm loving the Vanguard with the standard 4 nose canons and an M7A laser up front. All missiles are still derped as far as I'm concerned, so I frequently bring 'em back unfired. But I seem to be fighting at closer ranges now, so the pyrobursts make sense. Thank you Butuz, I believe I'll try it!

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
Never really liked it before, preferred the Hornet but loaded my Sabre with 4 x Puroburst scattercannons and it is ludicrous mode - tried it out in pirate swarm just a quickie as it's nearly 3am, and got to wave 15 on my own.

I'll give that a try.

Edit: HOLY MOTHER OF ... You weren't kidding! After wasting 2-3 minutes per Aurora and another 5 mins per 350R... it feels SOOO good to blast them in 1-2 volleys. They hurt, A LOT!

Last edited:

halfsane

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2014
RSI Handle
halfsane

I just tried your loadout and its freaking awesome in single player, however the guns do 0 damage in multiplayer. Is that a known bug or something?

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Hmm I never tried it in multiplayer??!! I'll give it a go this evening. Bear in mind you gotta be real close as in under 700 on the radar - don't fire till the green pip appears because if theres no green pip your out of range, you notice the scattercannon bullets actually explode in thin air when they reach max distance, thus wasting a shot.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Halfsane there is some rumbling on reddit that it is a desync issue between players with high ping differences that causes the scatter not to work. I'll try it. In the mean time, heres a video showing why not to go up against me in an aurora! (if your gonna do it bring a lot of them) :D

Plagueis

Admiral
Dec 3, 2016
RSI Handle
xPlagueisx

I'll give that load out a try on my Sabre.

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
Hmm I never tried it in multiplayer??!! I'll give it a go this evening. Bear in mind you gotta be real close as in under 700 on the radar - don't fire till the green pip appears because if theres no green pip your out of range, you notice the scattercannon bullets actually explode in thin air when they reach max distance, thus wasting a shot.
I tried it in Multiplayer Pirate Swarm, but I get the same result. My shots don't do any damage. except randomly after 10ish shots, that 1 lands and does a measly 15-20 damage (instead of the 1000+ full blast in Single Player)

I went back to Single Player, and got to Wave 17, before being swarmed.

I also tried it in Persistent Universe in Crusader, but there was a problem with ship pad interface not working for anyone, so I couldn't call it up.

Reactions: Blind Owl

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Yes it doesn't work as soon as there's a player in your instance. It's very strange isn't it!

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
There's an issue council thread on this - I just contributed to it.

here

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
Hmmm...I am actually having a lot of success with the Pyros in the PU, with the noteworthy exception of the Cutlass. I even chased off a cowardly Freelancer after doing heavy damage to it, But those AI Cutlass pirates are like the black knight in Monty Python! I can shoot the engines out and stand off at 200 meters and pump shots into the thing until the guns overheat...nothin'. I can almost hear the pilot say "it's just a flesh wound"!

Plagueis

Admiral
Dec 3, 2016
RSI Handle
xPlagueisx
Hmmm...I am actually having a lot of success with the Pyros in the PU, with the noteworthy exception of the Cutlass. I even chased off a cowardly Freelancer after doing heavy damage to it, But those AI Cutlass pirates are like the black knight in Monty Python! I can shoot the engines out and stand off at 200 meters and pump shots into the thing until the guns overheat...nothin'. I can almost hear the pilot say "it's just a flesh wound"!
Ive had the same problem, only way i got them down was with missiles and unloading direct hits on them after they got hit. I've seen threads about this on the forums so its a known issue.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Ive had the same problem, only way i got them down was with missiles and unloading direct hits on them after they got hit. I've seen threads about this on the forums so its a known issue.
Was this in Pirate Swarm or in the PU? Because I tested this loadout in PS. I would be direct hitting guys and nothing. No damage. Back away to 600m and I'd sometimes get damage registering. Weird. Beat it regardless, but it was fucky. I'll try it in Vanduul and see what its like.

Forgot your password?