2.6 Redeemer

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Eye candy for the addicts of the Redeemer, found here.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcCnZ9_TxL4

Note in the recent vid she still has no turrets on the engine nacelles as planned, but in the artwork later at time index 7:20, here she is in her glory! If anyone knows how to edit the logo out of that image, I want one. This guy should know better than to stick his logo on the work of others, which is totally illegal.

--She does essentially the same job as a Hoplite, and costs a little more.
--She carries about 3-4X the firepower of a Hoplite, better shields, bunks and weighs nearly identical.
--She wears 2XS5 engines, whereas the Hoplite has 2XS4. In fact, she has the same thrust capability as the Retaliator and at less than 1/4 the Tally's mass, ought go like a bat out of hell.
--She comes with coffee mugs.

What could be better? It is true she will probably not perform as well as the Hoplite in atmosphere, but in vacuum she will be all about making others pee themselves.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Redeemer is a gunship that can land troops. It is way better than the hoplite in what it is meant to do . . . but I don't see anything different here.
Except the Hoplite has wings. The Redeemer is a flying brick configuration that will be sluggish in atmo. Also, the Vanguards all have much smaller RCS, EM and IR. The Redeemer is a flying beacon tower that will be easy to lock at great distances.

I'm just wondering with the new weapons how to arm this beast. Though it seems strange, I would be tempted to put 4 Pyros in the manned turrets and have the gunners focus on eliminating all incoming missiles, which would seem to me the biggest threat. Also any fighter that gets in their range would be toast. Fly the ship focused on bringing the big guns to bear and put 4 S4 BEHR Ballistic Cannons in--will make short work of anything it can hit. Put a pair of S3 Tarantulas in the smaller unmanned turret for the pilot and you are good to go I think. If fighters stay outside the Pyros range, you have 20 S2 missiles you can use. This thing is such a beast!

Last edited:

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
And she is a rapturous beauty in burnt orange and scarlet highlights. Just gotta find room for the kegs.

Does the new missile system allow one to carry fewer, larger missiles? If instead of 20 S2s you could carry 10 S2s and 5 S3s this could be the ultimate bountyhunter/merc/privateering rig for a small group, and it is one of the best priced ships in the game. I can't think of another ship with so much value. Certainly a great stepping-stone to the Prowler and Polaris.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
And she is a rapturous beauty in burnt orange and scarlet highlights. Just gotta find room for the kegs.

Does the new missile system allow one to carry fewer, larger missiles? If instead of 20 S2s you could carry 10 S2s and 5 S3s this could be the ultimate bountyhunter/merc/privateering rig for a small group, and it is one of the best priced ships in the game. I can't think of another ship with so much value. Certainly a great stepping-stone to the Prowler and Polaris.
Sexy sexy sexy sexy

Reactions: Stevetank and Khyo

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I am sure that you all know but it seems the Redeemer will be redone by someone than the originals creator. I am hoping this is a good thing.
Actually the original modeler works at CIG and will be doing it(it was in AtV a few months ago iirc), presumably with a few others but he'll still be working on it.

I bought a Redeemer when it first went on concept sale. Had it forever until I turned it into a BMM.

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
I seriously hope that it all works out. I think that the Redeemer could hold a unique position in the verse and one that I very much want to see fulfilled. That's the role of the Russian Hind-D, a dedicated gunship and troop transport. It looks like it is going to be a fast, nimble (for it's size) beast that will be a threat to almost anything out there. Everywhere it goes, it's presence will be marked by statements like, "Oh shit, it's a Redeemer", and "Fuck, run. Just run."

Unless, of course, they ruin it. I hope they don't though, and it is that hope that has kept it in my fleet since almost day 1.

Forgot your password?