2.6 Vanduul swarm easier-ish?

ZombieXII

Space Marshal
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
ZombieXII
Haven't really played much recently but just finished some AC. Liking the pirate swarm but can't get past wave 12 yet (still not a very good fighter). Anyway, tried Vanduul swarm today and it just felt different. PU 2.4 - 2.5 I couldn't get passed wave 9 and today I got to wave 18, in a ship I've hardly used with a new load-out, without losing a life. ...I was then promptly obliterated repeatedly and denied success... point being, the vanduul seemed retarded while the AI wing-men were surprisingly competent.

Thoughts?

Using Sabre with 4x Turantula MK3s and 4x S2 missles

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
I think the AI hasn't really changed. What IS different is the flight model. I think it keeps the Duul slower and easier to hit, as opposed to Pirate swarm, where they seem zippy and hard as hell to pop. I think ultimately this will be the balance they are looking for. Duul have a large number of "weaker" ships that just swarm you to death, while human AI opponents are playing by PC rules and can take their "better" equipment to the enemy without as much friendly support. That's how it feels to ME at the moment, anyways.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Seems like the new flight model has helped allot.
while human AI opponents are playing by PC rules and can take their "better" equipment to the enemy without as much friendly support.
The normal Vanduul still act as a mass of weak forces like before but the Vanduul Aces act like the Pirate AI, they not only are more durable but also use better tactics.

Forgot your password?