Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
why are we buying these? Aren't they supposed to be for the poor, miserable plebs that can't afford it? Ah well, I guess I'm old fashioned.

Reactions: Dalarast

that_frog_kurtis

Space Marshal
Dec 3, 2013
RSI Handle
I guess everyone is, considering how quick they are moving. I am fairly certain that there aren't 5ooo potential backers that can afford $20 but not $45, and who know about the sale. All of the people that are in that bracket have probably already bought theirs and if they miss out then there's still unwanted AMD mustangs for cheap. CIG didn't make them non-giftable and only purchasable by new accounts, so really they are just a revenue gatherer under the guise of being charity.

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
Guys, I'm definitely giving one of these to a friend, but I'm considering giving the other four away on the forums to some non-backers.

I really do feel like these were meant for newcomers to Star Citizen and given that they sold out so fast, I'm thinking it was just a bunch of us regulars who bought them all, which is kind of a bummer now that I think about it.

So what do you think: Should I give these away on my Twitch stream or give them away on the RSI forum?

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I picked up 2 of them for friends that have not bothered buying anything yet.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I managed to buy one somehow? Were there multiple releases throughout the day? In any case, my friend is going to be getting my modded x52 and an Aurora game package.

Edit: the store said 1 left when I bought it. Dunno if I was genuinely lucky, or if there was a bit of hocus pocus happening.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?