2nd Developing USA Housing Bubble... ???

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
I've been suspicious with rising prices in the US housing market.. that perhaps we're developing into another bubble... well... the data may just confirm that.

http://www.businessinsider.com/mini-housing-bubbles-are-forming-in-cities-all-over-the-us-2018-3

What could this mean for us? Well.. for one... before it pops again or corrects itself... a seller's market for some cities. I really wish I had a second property from 2010-2014 to take advantage of this. Because in Nevada, prices have been shooting up and perhaps also might have to do with the Raiders moving in soon.

What about your city? Have prices shot up to or beyond 2006 prices?

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Interesting! Off-hand, I have to say I haven't seen any of the indicators there were before the previous bubble, namely, an insane frenzy of buying property, at inflated prices, with the attitude of "there is no way you can lose money!"

Yes, housing prices are higher than before, but the crazy speculative aspect isn't there, and we still have most of the stricter banking and lending rules in place (the recent govt. change hasn't gutted them all yet).

There are other indicators though, of a downturn in the overall economy. Without getting political, I'll just say that markets **HATE** uncertainty, and all this recent tariff stuff and "trade war" stuff definitely has the markets getting spooked. So, I'm thinking inflation will go up and other prices will go up, so plan accordingly!

(This probably would not be a good time to start your own crowdfunded gaming kickstarter, ha ha!)

Doyzer

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Doyzer
Seems like the issue last time was loose lending practices. I don't see that as a problem now. Here in North Texas we have A LOT of companies relocate their headquarters so house prices have shot up. Unfortunately, new homes are in low quantity and expensive. Used homes go for around $120/sq ft while new homes are around $185.

I was VERY fortunate in last housing bubble and turned a great profit. Don't think that will happen again.

Forgot your password?