3.1.2 released

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Alpha Patch 3.1.2 has been released and is now available to test! Patch should now show: LIVE-744137

It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizenPTU\LIVE.

Blah blah
Go here for more, or run the Live launcher and let it update:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link//16519-Star-Citizen-Alpha-312

I might not get a chance to try it before tomorrow night sometime.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
So I tried it. Not bad. Performance was a bit better than PTU, and the server was pretty full.

I almost had a heart attack: Was in my Cutlass, navigating above Daymar after departing Bountiful. Found I was 200Km from OM 6 at the pole, so I qd'd to it. When I started dropping out of QD I heard a really weird roaring sound, and out the front window all I could see was bluish light dissipating around a hornet coming almost right at me. Somehow we missed each other, but I'd be willing to bet that was less than 50 meters separation at the closest. When you're both traveling in excess of 200 meters/second that's dam close.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Probably, but most important: you must enable your beer in order to play :beers:
I can't answer this but I did notice a blurry double vision effect and disabling my SLI had no effect. I proceeded to fall on my back and pass out however.
@Blind Owl is quite the enabler :slight_smile:
Well you've all inspired me to stop at the liquor store and stock up.

Also, my SLI ir enabled at the moment for Vermintide, so I guess no SC. Haha

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I got the new hardware today. It's not really great hardware, just that it's better. It's a tower with components i can upgrade as i need but Star Citizen plays at between 30 and 60 FPS, averaging around 40-45 fps. I love it. Port Olisar looks like a photograph if you're standing on one of the launch pads looking at the rotating rings. Got 4 hours in, till I accidentally nodded off, and crashed into Yela somewhere near Deakins.

Compared with my laptop, which I had to lower every setting in Star Citizen and the Nvidea control panel to minimum to get more than 15 FPS. Lately it's been giving between 10 and 25, but low quality video.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Ooookaaaay, so I went ahead and finally played for more then 3 minutes.

I'm kinda speechless.

The game works! It just works! I played for 1,5 hours with very minimal spikes, hitching, stopping or anything really annoying. It just worked. Wow. I guess I'm a full-on believer again, cos this was an awesome experience!

FPS was lower than before, no more hitting 40-60 fps for a couple of seconds, but way more consistent and stable with a min-max of about 15-35 fps, with 95% of the time doing 25-30, which is perfectly fine and playable, compared to last time.

I did a standard Cellin to Levski cargo box delivery mission, and for the first time for me, it worked perfectly! Went to Cellin, didn't crash the ship this time (earlier today I crashed my Aurora on descent trying the same mission, like a True Testie!), landed, picked up the box, put it down in the cargo bay, went to Levski, walked to the guy with box in hand, talked to him, and delivered the box. Perfectly clean run.
This I could never complete before. Either the game just crashed,or the box got lost as it fell through the ship in quantum, or couldn't be picked up, or in most cases, the delivery guy was totally broken and couldn't be spoken to. Not this time. Also, the framerate was perfectly fine at Levski, although it did drop from high 20s to low 20s, but nothing serious.

Btw, I used a freefly Cutlass Black. Even as an old backer, you can still validate the promo code and get some free ships to fly for a bit!

Do you remember the bit from a previous CitCon presentation, where they had a ship fly in front of the window and elevator at Levski? I did it this time! I could pull it off without crashing, cos the framerate was fine and I wasn't lagging! That was a pretty sweet experience.

Out of the 4 quantum travels (sat 306-Cellin-Delamar-PO), I had zero intercepts or interruptions.

Only issue I had was that I bought 44SCU of cargo on Levski, but as I had a duplicate (bugged) versions of the same ship on the trade console, I must have chosen the wrong one, and loaded up the duplicate Cutlass instead of the one I parked in the hangar. So I went back to Ollisar , and only realized it there when I tried to sell the cargo, that the ship was actually empty. Well, at least I still have almost half my aUEC left lol I'll stick to doing missions and beacons.

ScreenShot0433.jpg

Crusader viewed from the dark side of Cellin, just after sunset (or before sunrise?)

Here's to hoping that it only gets better from here on! (or at least doesn't get much worse than 3.0 was lol) :beers:

TLDR.: 3.1.2 is a huge stability/performance improvement, for me at least. Give it a try!

Reactions: Blind Owl

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I got the new hardware today. It's not really great hardware, just that it's better. It's a tower with components i can upgrade as i need but Star Citizen plays at between 30 and 60 FPS, averaging around 40-45 fps. I love it.
Congrats! Any specific info on the CPU and GPU you'd be willing to share?

Ooookaaaay, so I went ahead and finally played for more then 3 minutes.

I'm kinda speechless.

The game works! It just works! I played for 1,5 hours with very minimal spikes, hitching, stopping or anything really annoying. It just worked. Wow. I guess I'm a full-on believer again, cos this was an awesome experience!

FPS was lower than before, no more hitting 40-60 fps for a couple of seconds, but way more consistent and stable with a min-max of about 15-35 fps, with 95% of the time doing 25-30, which is perfectly fine and playable, compared to last time.

I did a standard Cellin to Levski cargo box delivery mission, and for the first time for me, it worked perfectly! <snip>!
Glad things are working for you! I've been getting crashes about once every 1-1.5 hours...looking right now, I have a memory leak, not sure if that caused the earlier crashes or not. I am getting slightly higher FPS now, somewhat similar to yours, typically 16-20 but not really dropping below that (except for stutters). I sometimes start out higher, but it usually drops down to 20 or so FPS. They are definitely moving in the right direction!

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Congrats! Any specific info on the CPU and GPU you'd be willing to share?
Motherboard is an MSI Z370-A-Pro.
i7-8700K, with 32GB RAM and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080.

Here's a better description.

https://www.amazon.com/iBUYPOWER-Desktop-Cooling-AM8520i-i7-8700k/dp/B075X2GK6D/ref=sr_1_10?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1523765297&sr=1-10&refinements=p_4:iBuyPower

It's interior lighting is way more colorful than the picture. I also got about $200 in unexpected circumstantial frills that will probably never happen again. Shipping got all balled up, so I got free shipping, and a month of prime, even though I got it just not quite on time. Then when I opened it, it has Windows 10 Pro, not Windows 10 Home. Packing issue? I'm not worried about that though, I have a license for 5 copies of Windows 10 Pro and only use 3 so far.

Last edited:

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74

https://www.amazon.com/iBUYPOWER-Desktop-Cooling-AM8520i-i7-8700k/dp/B075X2GK6D/ref=sr_1_10?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1523765297&sr=1-10&refinements=p_4:iBuyPower

It's interior lighting is way more colorful than the picture. I also got about $200 in unexpected circumstantial frills that will probably never happen again. Shipping got all balled up, so I got free shipping, and a month of prime, even though I got it just not quite on time. Then when I opened it, it has Windows 10 Pro, not Windows 10 Home. Packing issue? I'm not worried about that though, I have a license for 5 copies of Windows 10 Pro and only use 3 so far.
Nice rig! O_0 oooohhhhh, it looks all glowy! lol!

Cool, I'm in the market to buy a new desktop, but I'm trying to hold out for the next gen if Intel chips and/or Nvidia gpu's. At the rate people are buying stuff up to mine crypto currency, and Nvidia can charge a premium for old tech, it may not happen anytime soon.

I'm not an overclocker, so that 8700k would be wasted on me.

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
FPS is OK see below ( all 3 instances today where similar FPS)
Logged out in bed in orbit at Daymar, logged in within 5 mins woke up at Port O

Have I misunderstood what they said about persistence? its difficult to recall where we are with that from one session to the next

console rooa.png
port O.png
log out in bed.png

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74

Hey! How are you liking your rig, 2 months later? I'm getting tempted to upgrade mine...trying...to...resist...

Reactions: Blind Owl

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Hey! How are you liking your rig, 2 months later? I'm getting tempted to upgrade mine...trying...to...resist...
2 months later, already? Time flies when you're having fun. It's working out great. I bought a Samsung Evo 960, 500Gb M.2 NVMe for it, which brought me to the only disappointing thing. It doesn't come with a mounting screw for the M.2. Cost is 10.99 from MSI, so I said screw that and went to Home Depot and bought a standoff and a screw for something like 45 cents.

In 3.1.4, I'm getting 30-60 FPS, with 38 FPS being the most common number on the screen.

Forgot your password?