3.1 Trading Info

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Thanks for the update, it is greatly appreciated. I knew that SC had screwed up the trading system, but these stats show how badly it is all messed up. They had better fix this issue quick to allow players to make funds or there will be no point in playing until they do thanks to them putting in such steep expedite fees to get out ships back when things go wrong like a server crash. I'm feeling more frustrated towards CIG at the moment than I ever have. Grrrrrr

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
Thanks for the update, it is greatly appreciated. I knew that SC had screwed up the trading system, but these stats show how badly it is all messed up. They had better fix this issue quick to allow players to make funds or there will be no point in playing until they do thanks to them putting in such steep expedite fees to get out ships back when things go wrong like a server crash. I'm feeling more frustrated towards CIG at the moment than I ever have. Grrrrrr
Understandable, for now the punishment should be minimal as it's very unstable and will be for a while. How can we test systems if we would rather wait for a ship than jump right back into testing. I know it's to stop abuse and all but really, the bigger picture should be more testing by more people in less time.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Understandable, for now the punishment should be minimal as it's very unstable and will be for a while. How can we test systems if we would rather wait for a ship than jump right back into testing. I know it's to stop abuse and all but really, the bigger picture should be more testing by more people in less time.
I agree with you entirely.

Firen

Vice Admiral
Feb 6, 2018
RSI Handle
jeremyD
Well i did a test cargo run with my avenger and my 5k credits yesterday.
I dont know where jump town is (aka drug lab on yella?) so i though i wil do small basic trading.

I used the doc to make me a long term plan like go to A buy> go to B sell and buy at B > go to C and sell and buy > go back to A etc....

As a side note the higher the % in benefice the lower it cost so considering your cargo capacity it s sometime better buy stuff with 5% benefit because of the base high value/volume of the merchandise

It took me 2h30 to get an astonishing amount of 500 credits !!! then i bough agriculture matérial on daymar and was planning to resell it on a farm near by. i bought for 550 credits of marchandise (all my agenger could hold) and as i got back on my ship the game crashed....

Let s do the count 2h30 won 500 credits, then game crash lost 550 credits. back at port olisar claiming back the ship ether wait 30 min or pay 550 credits ..................

SOMETHING ISNT SMELLING GOOD !!!!!

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
Regarding the revenue you can make with a ship in missions: i think the trading prices is roughly where they want it to be IF we had persistence on crashes (or much less crashing).
Prices fluctuate very little what i have seen so far (~0,5 %) for most items. (Currently its hard to judge but i guess we should expect not more than ~1% fluctuation with a stable running system)
Trading with a small ship is not worth the effort (probably smuggling might be the thing to go)
Trading with small Haulers (Freelancer, cutlass) eguals roughly the mission outcome (~500 - 2000 UEC/h)
Trading with large Haulers (Caterpillar) can generate quite some income ~10K UEC/h and more if you're willing to take the risk

What it seems like to me CR wants the game to be "hard" in terms of earning money. So you really have to start to thinking about if you want to risk your gun, armor and / or ship.

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
Regarding the revenue you can make with a ship in missions: i think the trading prices is roughly where they want it to be IF we had persistence on crashes (or much less crashing).
Prices fluctuate very little what i have seen so far (~0,5 %) for most items. (Currently its hard to judge but i guess we should expect not more than ~1% fluctuation with a stable running system)
Trading with a small ship is not worth the effort (probably smuggling might be the thing to go)
Trading with small Haulers (Freelancer, cutlass) eguals roughly the mission outcome (~500 - 2000 UEC/h)
Trading with large Haulers (Caterpillar) can generate quite some income ~10K UEC/h and more if you're willing to take the risk

What it seems like to me CR wants the game to be "hard" in terms of earning money. So you really have to start to thinking about if you want to risk your gun, armor and / or ship.
Michael. I agree and have no issue with it, as long as costs to buy things are balanced. In 3.0 people had 1 million credits within a few days that was probably not right.
When is smuggling coming in?

DorianSkyphire

Space Marshal
Nov 29, 2016
RSI Handle
DorianSkyphire

I think you hit the nail on the head. This is oen way to earn money in the game, but you probably won't get very rich doing it, short term, with starting credits. Wealth will be heard to earn in game.. fuel, repairs, refits, insurance, missiles/ammo, etc, etc.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Well, I was all set to do some cargo trading this morning, trying out the new spread sheet, but, the first two ships I called up all had the "missing doors" or other equipment bug. Sigh...

Coupled with the other bugs, like the some missing ships and weird stuff on my ASOP terminal, I just quit out. I'm hoping for a reset or patch soon to take care of the issues we've been having.

One positive note; I love the persistence, i.e., waking up on Grim or Levski when I start up! Starting at Olisar was getting real, real old.

Forgot your password?