3.10 devs answers to questions

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
Turrets and Vjoy

"How does one disable v-joy for turrets and pilot controls?
I really don´t like it since it does not auto center itself and once i stop my mouse input I want the ship to also stop turning in that direction.
So far I could not find this setting and that´s really frustrating and disappointing.

If the old non v-joy mouse mode is gone implement it again please.

Edit: Thanks for the helpfull answers!"
>>> @YogiKlatt_CIG@YogiKlatt-CIG

The default mouse movement for both turrets and vehicles is the VJoy. You are able to swap back to "relative" or "fps" mode in both turrets and vehicles, take a look in the bindings.

For turrets: press Q

For ships: not bound by default, check bindings

"Why would this be a key bind vs a setting? Wouldn't each player have a set profile for how they'd want it? Just curious about the logic. "

Yesterday at 11:02
There are use cases where a swap actually makes sense ... e.g. you track a fast rotating target around you and then it stops ... switching will then arrest the turret motion you can fine tune your aim. If enough demand is there then we might add a setting. But then again, hitting a button does not take a lot of time. So for the time being it should get you where you want.

"Honestly, it would be really cool if we could receive and pass pinned targets to each other on turrets. "
Yesterday at 11:04
In that first iteration, target pinning is only possible in the pilot seat. In the future we want to expand on that though.

"but the Pilot should see the same bearing compass on his hud or better as a small number under his view reticule so he can call out bearings to targets for the gunners. "

Yesterday at 11:06

The compass rose of the gunners is actually always in relation to the ship, not to the planet or the world. That seems necessary so the gunners can individually judge where they are looking when parts of the ship are not visible to the pitch / yaw angle. So it would never change for the pilot. Right will always be 090, left always be 270 for them ... that should be suitable to call out relative bearings.

Crime and punishment

"One change I really want to see if where, if it's a victim-based crime (eg, player bumps my ship or I get killed on their ship) ... allow the victim to decide to prosecute or not."

@LPressley.CIG@PickledAtRandom
July 13th at 12:51
This is something we have implemented with a view to release for 3.11.

I can even give you a preview of the notifications:

Criminal In Party
Party member ~Name committed ~Crime against you.
Charges will be ignored automatically. Press ‘Accept’ to override and file charges.

Criminal Not In Party
~Name committed ~Crime against you.

Charges will be filed automatically. Press 'Decline' to override and ignore crime.

UEC transfer

"
We also need some kind of history here.

• When did I send how much money to whom?
• When did I receive how much money from whom?

That history must not be endless, but maybe for the last 7-10 days.
I know, this maybe falls under persistance and can take a while. Just wanted to mention. "

>>> @Stormknife-cig@Stormknife-cig
Yesterday at 20:22
Transaction History is absolutely a piece of functionality we plan to add.
The team that would handle updating the Service for this functionality is booked with higher priority items in the near term, but it is definitely something we are looking to add in the future. (We'll share more information when we have it.)

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
@Michael Thanks for providing this info for us.
I am pleased that they are already planning to add the 'transaction ledger'. This was one of our main requests during Evocati testing.
(so were the other 2 requests above)
Very important. We TESTIES gotta know which Rando we send our UEC to during our late night drinking binges.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Very important. We TESTIES gotta know which Rando we send our UEC to during our late night drinking binges.
What's with all the fuss? Havent you all got post it notes and a pen???!!

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Turrets and Vjoy

"How does one disable v-joy for turrets and pilot controls?
I really don´t like it since it does not auto center itself and once i stop my mouse input I want the ship to also stop turning in that direction.
So far I could not find this setting and that´s really frustrating and disappointing.

If the old non v-joy mouse mode is gone implement it again please.

Edit: Thanks for the helpfull answers!"

The default mouse movement for both turrets and vehicles is the VJoy. You are able to swap back to "relative" or "fps" mode in both turrets and vehicles, take a look in the bindings.

For turrets: press Q

For ships: not bound by default, check bindings /.../
No way... It's really there -- mouse mode toggle! We only had a V-Joy visibility toggle in the ETF 3.10 builds -- there was no binding that could be used to turn V-Joy off.

It's a solution to the oversteering / nose oscillation while controlling yaw and pitch with the mouse in 3.10; and it's actually a good idea to have it bound to the key, instead of a global setting -- in some cases it's better to use mouse as V-Joy, while in other cases, like dogfighting with the fixed-weapon ships (Sabre, Vanguard with S5 on the nose), relative mode allows you to keep the nose on the target.

Pro tip: as far as I can see higher mouse DPI is recommended in the relative mode; if you play on lower DPIs, frequency switcher on the mouse would be helpful -- I'm using dedicated +/- buttons on my Roccat mouse to switch between 800, 1600 and 3200 dpi.

------------
In case somebody is looking for the binding:

Reactions: Bambooza

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
I've just made a test -- please note that it was a first attempt, that's probably why the nose of my ship was still oscillating a little bit in relative mode -- it clearly needs some training.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bambooza

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
Here is another one
@Fosmosis@Fosmosis
Countermeasure binds
While you're moving around countermeasure keybinds. why not just remove the cycle option already

Just have one bind for chaff.
and one bind for flares.
@YogiKlatt_CIG@YogiKlatt-CIG

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/4/thread/countermeasure-binds/3250558
There will be more keybinds for proper countermeasure management, including directly launching a specific type. Work on that is almost completed but given that it is extremely late in the 3.10. dev cycle (and thus being more risky) we likely won't include them in the initial 3.10.0 release

Forgot your password?