99 problems but a cache ain't one? Website 500 error

Starscribe

Grand Admiral
Dec 14, 2019
RSI Handle
Starscribe
I've seen some threads elsewhere of people having this bug last year.

Anyone else getting this on the ship upgrade website page? Is it cache related? Seems unlikely. Or is this happening to everyone?

500.PNG

Starscribe

Grand Admiral
Dec 14, 2019
RSI Handle
Starscribe
Ok. Clearing the cache did nothing. Using a different browser did nothing. But going incognito now lets me access the upgrade page.

Odd. But at least there's a workaround.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Hmm seams like some plug in of your browser is interfearing in some way to me.
Have you try ti ccompleatly crean the browser installation? Doo you have some particular program or browser extention installed?
Be notice that by "extension" I don't only mean willing intalled one: some donwloader from 3rd part sofware site cound install some crap in your browser that mess with the search and navigation, and no, since they aren't tecnically virus or malware the antivirus normally won't find them.

Reactions: Starscribe

Starscribe

Grand Admiral
Dec 14, 2019
RSI Handle
Starscribe
Hmm seams like some plug in of your browser is interfearing in some way to me.
Have you try ti ccompleatly crean the browser installation? Doo you have some particular program or browser extention installed?
Be notice that by "extension" I don't only mean willing intalled one: some donwloader from 3rd part sofware site cound install some crap in your browser that mess with the search and navigation, and no, since they aren't tecnically virus or malware the antivirus normally won't find them.
Thanks for the reply. Plugins aren't something I routinely install; certainly not done anything recently, this appeared overnight and it's across all browsers.

Possibly Norton Antivirus related? 🤔 I don't have much else that I'm aware of that would interfere..

EDIT: Having got it to work incognito, it's now working fine across all browsers, incognito or not 😄

Forgot your password?