Space Marshal
Jan 13, 2016
RSI Handle
GeneticPredator
A Dark Echo

Part 6

By GeneticPredator

This was a full scale invasion!

Thomas pulled and pulled the rope while Mitch used up the last of his jetpack fuel.

"Almost there," Mitch hissed out of his exhausted lungs.

"Shit! Shit! Shit!" Mira yelled. "They're turning this way! We need to go now! Mitch get your ass back in here!"

"Ten more seconds," Thomas replied.

"We don't have ten seconds," Mira yelled back.

I now saw it too, the Scythes were turning our way. And they were swarming out from behind the planet and the Kingship!

"I'm in! Closing hatch manually," Mitch yelled.

"Good! No need for that, we are leaving!" I replied

I started powering up all systems as fast as I could.

"All Echo elements power up! We need to go, like, right now!!"

They both replied: "Solid copy"; "On it!"

As all displays started lighting up and the Aegis logo shined through my dusty screen, Echo 7 yelled over the radio, "Missiles! lots of them!"

"Countermeasures ready! Deploying!" Mira yelled.

As the engines started revving up and all left side maneuvering thrusters started pushing us around, the rear hatch started closing.

The Gladius fighters deployed their countermeasures, and prepared for attack. Echo 9 yelled over the radio, "We will cover you, just go!"

Radar and sensors were still jumping and acting weird, so we had a hard time locking on to anything with our missiles. As we finally managed to turn around, I saw some of the Vanduul missiles pass us and some others hitting our countermeasures.

We were not all so lucky!

Echo 7 got a direct hit on its right wing making it spin out of control. "I'm hit I'm hit!"

A few seconds later we felt a hard push to the right, another missile had hit the Gladius right in the center section, making it explode in a cloud of fire.

"7 is down!, 7 is down!" Echo 9 shouted.

We launched more countermeasures and started pushing our engines to the limit!

To be continued...

Forgot your password?