A Game Idea around WiDow Trading

Timbur

Captain
Aug 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Timbur
The idea of this game is to set up three rival factions all competing for different goals with the idea that this is completely doable in the game as the game is in 3.3.6. Of course this a super rough draft and I'd love any feedback.
  • Team 1: Cargo Haulers/Smugglers, their goal is to make as much profit as possible via hauling the cargo hauling, primarily wiDow or the best rates they can find. They try to stay crime stat free or they run the risk of becoming a pirate. Their main base can be Levski and CRU L2.
  • Team 2: System Security, their main goal is to maintain the system security, (eliminating pirates and deterring smugglers), their secondary goal is to stay within budget. WiDow is illegal, and any vessel found hauling it is to be fined, seized or destroyed. They scan ships for wiDow and if found they will try to seize the vessel or destroy it. They are also looking for pirates to capture or kill. They always must fly weapons tight, (don't shoot unless fired upon), unless the person has a crime stat or is marked as an "enemy" or is "red". They can fine players found hauling cargo for a user determined "fee." They must maintain no crime stat, by reporting to SPK to clear their crime stat. The intention is that they stay crime free, or "green" Their main base is Port Olisar and Security Post Kareah.
  • Team 3: Pirates, their main goal is to throw the system into anarchy, though turning a profit is a second goal. They are looking to extort the trader for a fee, capture or destroy the vessel. They must avoid security. To become a pirate, they must have a crime stat of level 4 and must maintain at least a level 4 crime stat. Grim Hex is their main base of operations.
  • Armistice zones are neutral zones, and any port/re spawn point is open to any faction, though factions should try to stick to their designated home base, Just outside those zones can be controlled by the faction owner.

Salakavala

Commander
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Salakavala
This would take a lot of coordination, but yeah, I would be down for this for sure. I'm free all day Saturday and Sunday. By then I will be down to just my Titan, but I'd still volunteer for the Smuggling team.

Salakavala

Commander
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Salakavala
Maybe that could just be part of the point? Only one ship can carry it, so the pirates and security forces have to figure out which ship has it, and make sure that ship doesn't get to Levskie. In a way, it'd be like 3-team Neutral CTF.

On the other hand, if Pirates are flying out of GrimHex, they'd have a head start and be able to lie in wait for the smugglers, which might mean the Pirates win before anyone even has the 'flag'.

Reactions: Deroth

Kaiserz

Commander
Oct 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Kaiserz
No one has to figure out anything, you can just scan the ships and detect which one has the WiDoW. Game is pretty "technological" i once protected the lab with my sabre, killing the ones that came to kill people doing business and allowing those to get in the lab, i even helped people to get on their ships again, was really fun.

NOTE, when people detected my sabre, i was already on them asking for their intentions, the ones that said, buying, great, people didn't even shoot others in the ground, because i would just destroy their ships with all the cargo, even worse for them.

Reactions: Deroth
Forgot your password?