A question about getting known before offering ships.

Dakuisha

Vice Admiral
Aug 13, 2017
RSI Handle
Dakuisha
Ok so I like many other have bought ships from the gray market (mostly eBay before I joined test squadron) but I have purchased a ship from this market place.

Here is the thing I am over $1000 invested - I am happy with the money I have put in but don't really want to be putting much more money into the project. One problem I have since I invested that money via into the grey market I am unable to acquire Concierge status. One way around this is to invest new money by selling ships from my buy back.

But there is a slight problem, I am new around here and still trying to make myself known to people. So its a bit much to say hey send $$$ to a person that has only just joined Test Squadron. So I am interested in finding out ways of getting myself more known before I start asking for trust.

BTW I have already signed up for some flight training courses this weekend.

Dakuisha

Vice Admiral
Aug 13, 2017
RSI Handle
Dakuisha
I have 100% faith in them and they have sold thousands of ships/upgrades over the years. They are the biggest grey market group.
Right th
Just start talking to be people and become friends. A ton of us hang out in the Test Discord server. Try hitting that up.
Thanks I'll head over there for a bit. :)

makute

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
VishMainha
One way around this is to invest new money by selling ships from my buy back.
The only way to build a name is to sell your stuff by yourself and keep a high standard of quality in your trades.

But... if you prefer to skip the hassle, or you're not confident enough yet, I'd recommend that you talk with kane_reddit from /r/starcitizen_trades: https://www.reddit.com/r/Starcitizen_trades/comments/704rnu/bump_kanes_middleman_services_and_megastore_50/?utm_term=4e64adce-772b-4dda-961f-8c9ec4ab434c&utm_medium=search&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=Starcitizen_trades&utm_content=1

He's a straight and honest trader with a huge inventory and thousands of sales under his belt.

Last edited:

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Well you wont acquire Concierge status when you buy from any one else than CIG at RSI store, example when you buy from some one else then money goes to the account owner that you bought the ship from and he will get the pledge credits for backing for that purchase.

Then you get gifted the ship you bought and you do not get backer credits from receiving gifts, if you want to get credit for a gift, or ship you bought in grey market or any one else you need to melt it and re-buy from your buyback with new money then you get pledge credit for backing with new money in your account. Or any new purchase with new money from RSI store will give you the pledge credit for that money.

The total value amount of your ship or any other item you have bought from others is not what get you to Concierge status, it is only the amount of new money you pledge put directly in to your account when purchase anything on RSI web store then money is credited as new backer pledge money to your account.

And when pledge 1K$ or more into your account you get Concierge status, so you can have ship with a value of 10K$ in you account and not get Concierge status if you bought all from any other place than RSI store.

Edit: I buy from others be cause the ships I want some time is not avail or might not be for a long time in the RSI store, but I usually melt that if it is a stand alone ship. Then I buy it back with new money so I get the backer credits for it and for the melted money I can purchase another ship I want a win win for me and CIG IMO ha ha...

:beers:

cheers! :beers::beers::beers:

Last edited:

Dakuisha

Vice Admiral
Aug 13, 2017
RSI Handle
Dakuisha
Edit: I buy from others be cause the ships I want some time is not avail or might not be for a long time in the RSI store, but I usually melt that if it is a stand alone ship. Then I buy it back with new money so I get the backer credits for it and for the melted money I can purchase another ship I want a win win for me and CIG IMO ha ha...

:beers:

cheers! :beers::beers::beers:
If someone gives me money to purchase a ship in my buyback section then that money will go into CIG and thus will bring me closer to concierge.
That was my plan anyway. Otherwise I like the way you have been using the greymarket sales. :)

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
If someone gives me money to purchase a ship in my buyback section then that money will go into CIG and thus will bring me closer to concierge.
That was my plan anyway. Otherwise I like the way you have been using the greymarket sales. :slight_smile:
Yeah! That will get you closer to Concierg you need to get in fresh money to your account for it to count as pledge then if you gift it away or not doesn't matter you still have the credited pledge in your account/name.

Yes it took me some time to figure that out ha ha ha ha... :beers: :beer: :beers:

Reactions: StdDev

Dakuisha

Vice Admiral
Aug 13, 2017
RSI Handle
Dakuisha
Yeah! That will get you closer to Concierg you need to get in fresh money to your account for it to count as pledge then if you gift it away or not doesn't matter you still have the credited pledge in your account/name.

Yes it took me some time to figure that out ha ha ha ha... :beers: :beer: :beers:
Good to know that my idea should work. :beers:

Forgot your password?