Aegis Announcement Predictions? - Capital Ship ALMOST confirmed - Find out in August :(

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Nearly confirmed to be a Capital Ship now. From the Concierge forum:

According to a tweet from JR Fabrications today they have delivered a third capital ship physical model to the Foundry 42 office. John Crewe had tweeted earlier in the year a picture showing physical models of the Idris and Javelin in the Foundry 42 office, with an empty shelf that had a sign reading "Soon" where a third one would go.

JR Fabrications also showed that "Soon" sign in the trash bin today, said "Soon was today", and said they weren't ruining the surprise -- that was up to CIG staff.

My take on this is that another capital ship from Aegis is the reveal.
And this!

Phantomoftruth

Space Marshal
Feb 14, 2016
RSI Handle
PhantomofTruth
Where is this info from?
What @Black Sunder said.

I do not believe it will be Idris or Larger, leaving Corvette.
the Sneak Peak art showed Remote Turret controls, like those seen in the Valkyrie.
Of the Corvette scale ships we have,
Hammerhead (Dedicated anti-fighter)
Polaris (Dedicated Torpedo)
Pioneer (Hab building), Kraken (carrier)
Orion (mining)
Carrack (Exploration)
Reclaimer (Salvage).

With Aegis, I have every expectation(lorewise) they would be the ones to take the big gun off an Idris and build a ship "around" it. They leave off the Hangar, saving size and space, for the same Power plant, shield, drives.
just enough turrets to make a casual threat think twice.
likely built with the Vanguard ideal of redundancy in place to maintain battle worthiness of the main gun for as long as possible.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I want a Flying Saucer more than anything............
Please mr. Roberts.........Please.
The easiest way to encounter "flying saucers" is to provoke somebody while they happen to be hand washing a sink with them soaking within. If you don't duck, you'll learn that those things are never friendly while quickly flying right at your face. I know from personal experiences learned the hard way.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Do we need to?
'Tis the will of the members of TEST.

A new cap ship launches before too long we are all like "Yeah, i'll throw $10 in" and before you know it we've got one.

SullyQuindarius

Admiral
Dec 24, 2017
RSI Handle
SullyQuindarius
What @Black Sunder said.

I do not believe it will be Idris or Larger, leaving Corvette.
the Sneak Peak art showed Remote Turret controls, like those seen in the Valkyrie.
Of the Corvette scale ships we have,
Hammerhead (Dedicated anti-fighter)
Polaris (Dedicated Torpedo)
Pioneer (Hab building), Kraken (carrier)
Orion (mining)
Carrack (Exploration)
Reclaimer (Salvage).

With Aegis, I have every expectation(lorewise) they would be the ones to take the big gun off an Idris and build a ship "around" it. They leave off the Hangar, saving size and space, for the same Power plant, shield, drives.
just enough turrets to make a casual threat think twice.
likely built with the Vanguard ideal of redundancy in place to maintain battle worthiness of the main gun for as long as possible.
woah woah, what sneak peak?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
email from [email protected]
title: New Wave
Oh.

Wouldn't that be the wretched Vulcan and it's heinous Drone Pods then?

EDIT - I've just looked at the New Wave email and I can't see it saying "Sneak Peek" all it says is "The First Wave begins to form".

EDIT - EDIT - Okay, just looked at a tour of the Reclaimer on Youtube and it seems to be the Reclaimers tractor beam stations:

Last edited:
Forgot your password?