Aegis Announcement Predictions? - Capital Ship ALMOST confirmed - Find out in August :(

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
@CosmicTrader has a theory that the announcement is the 32 million dollar stretch goal being met:
Aegis Surveyor – The Surveyor, from noted military contractor Aegis, is an industrial-quality salvage ship. Equipped with a reinforced cargo bay, a long-range jump drive and launch pods for unmanned drones, the Surveyor is an ideal ship for taking advantage of deep space wrecks. Tractor beams, floodlights, scanner options and docking ports round out the tool chest on this capable, utilitarian spacecraft.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
It could be a couple of things, but I am going to lay out the reasoning I think it will be a BIG ship. I think it will happen next month, but this might be leading up to a big CitizenCon reveal

1. If it's next month, it will occur right after people get tax refunds, plus it will put it close to dad's day (yeah, I know, it will actually be mother's day)
  2. This was also teased back at Citizen Con about Aegis being unhappy with the Kraken
  3. We've had several months with fairly low cost ships (for Star Citizen) and no big money items,
  4. There are still a few big stretch goals SQ42/SC

I am thinking the long awaited "battlecruiser"

Either that, or a Kraken killer.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Unless CIG is reading this & loves making me look like a very stupid smartass (which I think that I do well enough on my own) I'm pretty sure that it will NOT be some form of a Terraforming ship. If it was, then that would absolutely wreck all the work that CIG devs are pouring into the various moons & planets. That being said, those are in the Mesner era lore if I'm not mistaken.

Kiladyn

Vice Admiral
Dec 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Kiladyn
I would full on buy and support an in-game owl pet, even a robotic one
They have said at some point in the future you will be able to have pets.

As for the announcement I think there are very good ideas in this thread, from relaunching a reworked ship, to titan suits, to an old stretch goal. However that being said, with our luck we are probably all wrong.

Forgot your password?