Aegis Vulcan

Xenorak

Grand Admiral
Jul 12, 2016
RSI Handle
Xenorak
Plus if you buy now it comes in TEST COLORS!

Also doesn't this almost make the Anvil Crucible redundant? My understanding of it was that it was a mobile repair ship, but so is this? But with fueling, and ammo supply. Maybe they'll limit the amount it can repair to just getting a ship operational enough to fly somewhere for a full repair.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Also doesn't this almost make the Anvil Crucible redundant?
The Crucible will probably be able to fix ships a lot faster than than the Vulcan.

The Vulcan looks like going to be one of the most useful ships in the game as far as professions go.

But if an Idris needs refueling, you are bringing your Starfarer.

If a Javelin needs repairs, the Crucible is needed.

When a pile of scrap needs collecting, the Reclaimer will do the job faster and better.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
The Crucible will probably be able to fix ships a lot faster than than the Vulcan.

The Vulcan looks like going to be one of the most useful ships in the game as far as professions go.

But if an Idris needs refueling, you are bringing your Starfarer.

If a Javelin needs repairs, the Crucible is needed.

When a pile of scrap needs collecting, the Reclaimer will do the job faster and better.

This is what I was thinking as well. They kept calling it an entry level ship for these professions so I have a feeling its fuel capacity and cargo space used for repair and rearm along with just two drones is going to limit the size and speed of things it will be able to handle.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
This is what I was thinking as well. They kept calling it an entry level ship for these professions so I have a feeling its fuel capacity and cargo space used for repair and rearm along with just two drones is going to limit the size and speed of things it will be able to handle.
I agree. It could be the backbone of a small explorer fleet, but it won’t replace the dedicated profession ships.

Plagueis

Admiral
Dec 3, 2016
RSI Handle
xPlagueisx
This ship is great for those that don't really want to have to deal with a crew. Yes there are other ships that can do a better job than the Vulcan but they also need a large crew to operate. This is the lone wolf type of ship, and i'm sure many people will get it.

Xenorak

Grand Admiral
Jul 12, 2016
RSI Handle
Xenorak
Thinking about it more I could see this being good for a forward-deployed recon-fighter group, it could pop in with them and park somewhere safe while they do business, then patch em up and leave or resupply for longer fights.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I would say that this might be the Aegis preemptive counter to the Drake Vulture (vermin) salvage ship given that this ship should be able to do the opposite of the other. Then again, if you think about pairing them up to work together after a massive fight, the vulture can strip needed parts off of the enemy ships that they vulcan can then equip on the friendly ships.

Forgot your password?