Other AI companions in PU

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
This has been a hot topic for many years and i know alot of us have been curious about if this is going to happen or not. Below is the interview on Chris roberts for Reverse the verse starting from discussions of companion AI.(Before this part FPS AI was discussed) Enjoy.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Great, now all i can see is people walking other human people with leashes and collars and gag balls.... wtf.
You must be in Spain.

Meet your new AI Companion!
Now I'm thirsty! And it's only 8 AM!

Interesting comments from Chris about AI, it's also why I would prefer real life humans to AI. They can be good, but they will never be great, not as long as they're run by a Subsumption script. It's too predictable, logical. Whereas humans are emotional and illogical, and so do the unexpected, try different things, and learn from their mistakes without a programmer's intervention.

Thankfully, there are a lot of folks in TEST, and a lot of them seem to want to man turrets or are happy to help protect another org mate. I just wish more of them were online when I am.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
What do you mean AI companions? We will have crew members and pets? Are those not companions? Or do you want to fuck em?
Who doesn't? What else is space kitty good for otherwise? Space ladies kick ass in numerous ways though.

Could use them for both.
Exactly

Great, now all i can see is people walking other human people with leashes and collars and gag balls.... wtf.
Welcome to the D/s lifestyle.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
You must be in Spain.

Now I'm thirsty! And it's only 8 AM!

Interesting comments from Chris about AI, it's also why I would prefer real life humans to AI. They can be good, but they will never be great, not as long as they're run by a Subsumption script. It's too predictable, logical. Whereas humans are emotional and illogical, and so do the unexpected, try different things, and learn from their mistakes without a programmer's intervention.

Thankfully, there are a lot of folks in TEST, and a lot of them seem to want to man turrets or are happy to help protect another org mate. I just wish more of them were online when I am.
I need alot of npcs because i want to run my big ships as much as possible and getting 32~64 people join up with me at random times just seems impossible.

TerraInformer

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 19, 2018
RSI Handle
TerraInformer
If they add AI I hope they are individuals... meaning different stats, skills, buffs/debuffs or whatever you want to call it. Maybe your gunner was out late last night and is seeing double? That's silly example of course, but I wouldn't want perfect, badass, dead-eye sniper AI. Otherwise, players might always want AI crews over a normal player and your real player opponents would be at a disadvantage too. Like other games, where you go into a bar and pick from the scrubs that are hanging out that day. IDK, just a thought.

Reactions: Tealwraith

Stoutman

Space Marshal
May 1, 2016
RSI Handle
Stoutman
I am still hoping that we will be able to use extra character slots for our own personal NPCs which we can use as crew on our ships.

Forgot your password?