Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
All 5 modles are now Sold!

Hello dear Testies!

Up for grabs is my squadron of Five 3D printed miniature Hornets! (available separately or all together)
I would like to sell em off to a better home, as I need to make some money for real life stuff.

There are five models, all finished by hand so they are slightly different.
#5 was the first prototype, so it has the roughest surface finish, but also the most "history" behind it (it was the one featured in community update in RSI newsletter I think).
#1 is the shiniest, smoothest example, the rest are random inbetweens.
All models are professionally 3d printed through Shapeways with strong/flexible nylon plastic, so they should hold up for a long time unless you melt em with a blowtorch.
Paints used are not foodsafe/kidfriendly, but all models are covered by a nontoxic clear coat.
Ship will be removed from base for shipping, can be reattached with a bit of glue but will stay on without it as well.
Base is plastic with carbon rod.

Any questions, more pictures, just ask!
If you're interested in buying any or all of them, please send me your offers!
I accept exchanges for ingame ships.
Payment through PayPal only, shipping cost is 5 USD/package for economy class mail, but faster shipping can be arranged if needed!

Thanks for looking!

main1.jpg

main1.jpg image005.jpg image006.jpg image007.jpg image008.jpg image009.jpg image010.jpg image011.jpg image012.jpg image013.jpg

(ps.: for those interested in other types of ships, 5 auroras and 5 300i-s are in the finishing state as well. Other ships are in the 3d design pipeline still)

Last edited:
Reactions: Duckforceone

The Razgriz

Vice Admiral
Jul 24, 2016
RSI Handle
The-Razgriz
How many of these are still available?

The Razgriz

Vice Admiral
Jul 24, 2016
RSI Handle
The-Razgriz
PM me. I'll buy all 5. These look awesome by the way.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
They are cool as stink!! Cant believe your selling them so cheap!

*edit woops misread thought you were selling them for $5 lol

Duckforceone

Captain
Feb 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Duckforceone
once you get a starfarer model working, i'm down to buy the biggest one you can print... :D

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Careful, you could have CIG come after you, this is public forum too btw (everyone sees it on net), if these were single original works of art you can kind of get away with it. But multiples that aren't heavily modified.. you'll run into copyright issues. Regardless of anyone else getting away with it for now. This is one of the reasons I can't publicly share the actual 3D files I've extracted from the SC builds. Cuz CIG could decide to come down on me like a ton of bricks.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Careful, you could have CIG come after you, this is public forum too btw (everyone sees it on net), if these were single original works of art you can kind of get away with it. But multiples that aren't heavily modified.. you'll run into copyright issues. Regardless of anyone else getting away with it for now. This is one of the reasons I can't publicly share the actual 3D files I've extracted from the SC builds. Cuz CIG could decide to come down on me like a ton of bricks.
Yeah, you're right about this!
Although I don't live in a place where the solution to everyone's smallest butthurt is to sue the hell out of everybody else, I understand that doing "fan stuff" is a thin rope to walk. Especially if you dare to ask for some money in return for a custom "handmade" stuff you made in your own time, with your own money. It just seems strange and perverted to me that people spend so much time and money to go after kids filming themselves in the basement as Spock, or making a barely recognisable phaser out of foam and selling it for a fiver on ebay.
Also, why is that if someone makes a decent copy of some artwork, like the Mona Lisa, all of a sudden he/she becomes a master artist, and it sells for almost as much as the real deal, and yet if you make a crappy thingy out of a movie or a game and try to shill it for a few bucks, you become a full on criminal? WTF World, where did you leave your brains?
Actually these models do not contain a single bit of data from the game. All files used for printing are designed from scratch by me, which I can prove, so I didn't break any EULAs I signed up for.
Of course it is pretty obviously referencing a Hornet from SC. While it is my own interpretation, I may be called out for infringing on their IP a bit. But I like living on the edge!* :D

*actually I don't! I do not intend to make a business out of this, so please don't sue me! Thanks!

ps.: I bet those who sell all the fake star citizen t-shirts and swag on their online shops are much less worried about it, yet make much more out of it... It's not a defence on my part ofc, but I don't like it a bit.

Forgot your password?