Alpha/beta packages are no more !

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15007-Letter-From-The-Chairman

In honor of our newest Citizen (really, our thousands of new Citizens!) we would like to give something back to the entire community for all your incredible support. Starting today, we are eliminating ‘Alpha Access’ and the $5 module passes. Anyone who has pledged for a Star Citizen Package can now play today without worrying they won’t have access to some portion of the ‘Verse in the future. No Star Marine pass, no Alpha 2.0 pass… no additional payment needed for any module in the works, pre-release. Going forward, should we need to put out some sort of limited release it will be done through the PTU test server. All backers will have access to any live release, the moment it publishes.

In addition, I’d like to reward our earliest supporters who made it possible to get to this point. Everyone with an ‘alpha access’ package will be awarded 10,000 UEC; everyone who purchased an Arena Commander pass individually will be given 5,000 UEC (with the cap raising appropriately to allow this.) You also have my most sincere thanks: you were our vanguard, the battalion that fought the good fight from the beginning. Your impact on Star Citizen will never be forgotten, for without your early faith we couldn’t be where we are today. (Please note that this credit payout is going to take a big script, so it may take Turbulent a few days to work out the logistics!)

RomulusMinimus

Captain
Jan 4, 2015
RSI Handle
Romulus-Minimus
Awesome! I wonder if this will lower the price of packages at all?

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
So... if I own multiple alpha packages... does that mean...?

The Chaos Pope

Grand Admiral
Nov 16, 2013
RSI Handle
The_Chaos_Pope
Awesome! I wonder if this will lower the price of packages at all?
The Aurora ES is still available for $35 https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Aurora-ES. They will probably pull the AC included packages shortly.

Part of me is glad, this simplifies getting new people to join. Part of me is a little bit bitter that my early backing of the game gives me no tangible benefit over new backers. Then I remember that we got 10k UEC for the 52 million stretch goal and now 10k UEC for being an early backer and that means that I just got a buggy for free. I probably still won't buy the buggy, my starting pack only has 5k UEC.

Forgot your password?