Anniversary Sale in 2018?

DarkScout

Vice Admiral
Donor
Jun 5, 2018
RSI Handle
TonyMacaronee
Has any news about the Anniversary Sale for this year been released? I am fairly new to SC and wanted to wait for the sale to buy another ship, if it sounds like a good idea.
Anyone have any advice for me? (side note: my hope is that the advice you provide is related to the Anniversary Sale, but I will also accept sound advice on life in general)
Thanks!

SullyQuindarius

Admiral
Dec 24, 2017
RSI Handle
SullyQuindarius
Advice for the sale - plan what you're getting beforehand. Don't get overwhelmed with all the shiny ships, pick what fits your fleet and go with that.

Keep in mind it's a sale as in ships usually not available can be purchased and insurance is much better, not as in discounted ships (although they do discount starter packs).

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
They make a pretty big deal about it so as long as you check your email or their site regularly you're unlikely to miss it.

Which ships do you have now and what do you have in mind to add?

DarkScout

Vice Admiral
Donor
Jun 5, 2018
RSI Handle
TonyMacaronee
Great advice from all, thanks! I do have a plan for ship types (ship roles), so I have a miner, a bounty hunter, an exploration, and a fighting ship. That way, I can have the right tool for whatever role I feel like playing.
As Bambooza said, that plan might go out the window when I see all the shiny ships in November.

DarkScout

Vice Admiral
Donor
Jun 5, 2018
RSI Handle
TonyMacaronee
I tend to be a solo player for most of my time in game, so I was hesitant to get a medic ship like the Cutlass Red. I wonder if a salvage ship might be a good target?
I currently have:
Prospector
Hornet F7C-R Tracker (may melt this for a salvage ship like the vulture)
Hornet F7C (may want to upgrade to a better fighter during the sale)
Freelancer DUR
Hawk (Cutlass Blue is another option for Bounty Hunting)
Thoughts?

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
I tend to be a solo player for most of my time in game, so I was hesitant to get a medic ship like the Cutlass Red. I wonder if a salvage ship might be a good target?
I currently have:
Prospector
Hornet F7C-R Tracker (may melt this for a salvage ship like the vulture)
Hornet F7C (may want to upgrade to a better fighter during the sale)
Freelancer DUR
Hawk (Cutlass Blue is another option for Bounty Hunting)
Thoughts?
Cutlass Red is currently planned to have an enhanced radar in place of a turret so probably as close to solo friendly medical ship you're likely to find.

I'll be extremely surprised if the Vulture isn't for sale at some point in November and looks like it should be a great solo salvage ship (I'm not biased AT ALL.)

Bounty hunting ships are a bit of a toss up at until they explain more of how it'll really work.

Those are solid fighters and it has been indicated that ships like the F8C might be a reward for certain Squadron 42 achievements, so might be better to hold off on upgrading those unless there is a fighter you're in love with.

Depending on your thoughts on cargo might want to check out the Hull series, Caterpillar, or BMM. Most of those might sold during November and can be used solo for big profits if you're careful of where you fly.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
There will be minor price increases on stuff thing i can see most likely going to increase are:
Polaris
600i tourist
Possibly the redeemer(It will become a full fledge gunship)
Orion(It got increased in size but nothing has come out about it since its been egging me in the back of my head and Minning has become a big thing)

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
There will be minor price increases on stuff thing i can see most likely going to increase are:
Polaris
600i tourist
Orion(It got increased in size but nothing has come out about it since its been egging me in the back of my head and Minning has become a big thing)
It has also been indicated the BMM will likely increase in price SOON™.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
@DarkScout , I suggest that between now & the beginning of the SC anniversary sale that you 1st figure out how much that you plan on spending at most as well as look through the list of ships that are presently or soon to be usable in game to see which ships you like most within your budget range. They often seem to offer a pair of new ships during the week long event as well as the rest of the vehicles that have been concepted so far. Unless you're looking for 1 of the highly limited quantity ships, I advise to wait until the last weekend of the sale when they usually place all of the ships on sale at the same time to help keep yourself within your budget while getting what you want. Know that during the anniversary sale the ship insurance is usually much better than those bought at times other than during the concept if it came with LTI. So for those ships that you currently do have that you want to keep, unless there is something special about them you might want to melt them to use store creds to purchase the latest anniversary editions with the upgraded insurance.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
@DarkScout , I suggest that between now & the beginning of the SC anniversary sale that you 1st figure out how much that you plan on spending at most as well as look through the list of ships that are presently or soon to be usable in game to see which ships you like most within your budget range. They often seem to offer a pair of new ships during the week long event as well as the rest of the vehicles that have been concepted so far. Unless you're looking for 1 of the highly limited quantity ships, I advise to wait until the last weekend of the sale when they usually place all of the ships on sale at the same time to help keep yourself within your budget while getting what you want. Know that during the anniversary sale the ship insurance is usually much better than those bought at times other than during the concept if it came with LTI. So for those ships that you currently do have that you want to keep, unless there is something special about them you might want to melt them to use store creds to purchase the latest anniversary editions with the upgraded insurance.
i completely agree if you don't you will end up regreting later what you purchase. Also remember there is always a new shiny ship you can buy during aniversary.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
@DarkScout , I also recommend having a delicious beverage of your choice with you while looking over your selections. Then before making any purchases, take a drink & ask yourself to I have to have this now or can it wait until another time. That's what I do. Granted, that ended up helping to cost me a chance at a Kraken, but missing out on that saved a large portion of my fleet from being melted for a ship I can't use solo or at all for an unknown amount of time. Other than my BMM, I'm starting to feel that it is better to enjoy a fleet of ships that I can actively use in game at the moment instead of hoping that they will eventually turn out how I'm hoping.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
@DarkScout , I also recommend having a delicious beverage of your choice with you while looking over your selections. Then before making any purchases, take a drink & ask yourself to I have to have this now or can it wait until another time. That's what I do. Granted, that ended up helping to cost me a chance at a Kraken, but missing out on that saved a large portion of my fleet from being melted for a ship I can't use solo or at all for an unknown amount of time. Other than my BMM, I'm starting to feel that it is better to enjoy a fleet of ships that I can actively use in game at the moment instead of hoping that they will eventually turn out how I'm hoping.
Sound advice. Still I am not trading in my Orion, Polaris or the mighty Carrack.

SullyQuindarius

Admiral
Dec 24, 2017
RSI Handle
SullyQuindarius
Polaris
600i tourist
Polaris and Orion price bumps will NOT be minor. Polaris will likely grow and CIG will want to avoid cheap Polaris CCUs from Hammerhead. Orion is...literally twice as big, will likely almost double.

DarkScout

Vice Admiral
Donor
Jun 5, 2018
RSI Handle
TonyMacaronee
Great advice. Thanks all. I would prefer the Carrack over the DUR I have, but it is too much ship for me to explore in solo. And, as was pointed out, I would be able to use the DUR very soon compared to months/years from now for a Carrack. I wish I could fit a Cyclone in a DUR...
Lots of good strategy here. I appreciate the thoughts, having not been through an anniversary sale.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Yes Nov. sale usually is toward the end of the month, but as some said don't worry there is no way you could miss it.

And if there are ships you are interested in and not sure how they are, ask if anyone got it so you can try it out doing mission, AC or what ever.

Always good thing to know the ship you want to buy before you do it if that option is available take it, then the risk of regret is a lot less ;-)

CHEERS!

And that was my 2000 post "Dang"

Forgot your password?