Star Citizen - explained in 3 minutes!

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Hey all,
recently I've had this idea of "how to explain the basics of Star Citizen in only three minutes". It took me a couple of days - and honestly I don't know if its useful at all - but finally I did it by writing, drawing and explaining. Only the basics - but even the "production" of this vid gave me lots of fun and joy. So, hopefully that you also have a little bit of joy, watching this vid - and perhaps its indeed useful for the one or another of the new incoming TESTies :D

Cheers, hope you enjoy!
Astro

P.S.: and if you like it, I'd be happy about your upvote: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/citizen-spotlight/7790-Star-Citizen-Explained-In-3-Minutes :heart_eyes_cat:

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
The talking sounds very odd like you jumbled all the sentences together. But the video was awesome! Its really good at explaining just about everything!

UPVOTED!

Reactions: AstroSam and StdDev

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
The talking sounds very odd like you jumbled all the sentences together. But the video was awesome! Its really good at explaining just about everything!

UPVOTED!
I tried to avoid that, but not being a native speaker I several times had to stop, search my words for then pressing the REC-button again and go on with speaking. That bad...? I shouldn't do any english vids, I guess =/
But thanks a lot for that positive feedback anyway @all :)

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
Excellent..Thanks

Upvoted.

btw - Upgrading a package is GOOD as that swaps out the ship only.
Never, ever MELT a package......

Reactions: AstroSam

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Imho its not good @CosmicTrader as you then bind your money on your account, without any possibility to use it otherwise. Example:

You buy an Aurora starter package for lets say 40 Euro. You upgrade it in a first step to an Avenger (+20 EUR), then to a Freelancer (+50 EUR) and finally, because you can't withstand, the Connie Taurus (+50 EUR). Sounds fine so far, but with that money of 160 EUR summed up you can't do anything else now.

Second example: you buy an Aurora starter package, 40 EUR.
You then buy a Connie Taurus for 160 Euro.
That first sounds like terrible lots of money. And yes, for - at first sight - the moment you spent 40 Euro more than in the first example. BUT: you now have 160 Euro which you can swap at any time for any item! The Prospector comes into sale? Melt the Taurus, buy the Taurus instead. You are in need of a dogfighter? Melt the Prospector, buy a Gladius or Hornet. For me, upgrading a game package is kind of lost money because its bound and not usable for any other action.

[edit]And THANKS for you upvote, dear Cosmic! :grinning:

Reactions: CosmicTrader

Dragonslaya54

Space Marshal
May 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Nilrune
Great job! If I could I would upvote again, but I cant sooooo...

mindfart

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
mindfart
I tried to avoid that, but not being a native speaker I several times had to stop, search my words for then pressing the REC-button again and go on with speaking. That bad...? I shouldn't do any english vids, I guess =/
But thanks a lot for that positive feedback anyway @all :slight_smile:
You could try to write a script before hand, so you don't have to think of words while recording. It might make it more fluent.

/ninjaedit

Awesome handwriting though!

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
But thanks a lot for that positive feedback anyway @all :slight_smile:
It wasnt that bad. Just sounded a tad odd. Your english is very good for speaking 2 languages. Here I am only speaking one. Shame on me.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Excellent..Thanks

Upvoted.

btw - Upgrading a package is GOOD as that swaps out the ship only.
Never, ever MELT a package......
You could try to write a script before hand, so you don't have to think of words while recording. It might make it more fluent.

/ninjaedit

Awesome handwriting though!

So, I did a corresponding vid regarding my "golden rule". I have done it first in German language and will now try the suggestion of Mindfart, means first write an english script for then making the "voice over". Result SOON, haha :D
Cheers, thanks again for your positive feedback!
Astro

Reactions: mindfart
Forgot your password?