Anthem closed alpha test Dec 8th

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
EA is worse imo, every company has their ups and downs, good and bad but there is a reason EA has a bad reputation and Activision does not.

Reactions: Deroth

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Pre-ordered, can't wait I am bored off my ass right now need something to get into! Going to give Division 2 a try also even though I felt the first one when it launched was a mess they actually made it quite a bit better months down the road.

Reactions: Deroth

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
EA is worse imo, every company has their ups and downs, good and bad but there is a reason EA has a bad reputation and Activision does not.
Its Bethesda's turn at the moment.

Bioware will probably give EA some breathing room here with Anthem.

Then Bethesda will be patching and bringing out a DLC for Fallout, so it will be Activisions turn to suck again.

Its a rotating door of suck.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Every developer and distributor has had missteps, miscalculations, mistakes, and PR nightmares, but EA has a long history of unapologeticly treating their 'customers' disrespectfully then with disdain when called out on it.

Reactions: Phil

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
EA has a long history of unapologeticly treating their 'customers' disrespectfully then with disdain when called out on it.
Its curious that they do not pay attention to how the gaming community expects to be treated.

After EA's sense of pride and accomplishment story, you would think it would be obvious.

As soon as the nylon bag story hit Bethesda, a simple tweet saying "we apologize for the way this unfolded and will be taking immediate steps to rectify this situation!" would have saved them a lot time.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I'm still pissed at Chris Roberts / Origin for not making Privateer Online!

Honestly the "big" Anthem trailer left me as uninterested as a cat is in taking orders from it's "owner"...
Looking at your comments and some others around the web, it seems like this will be a destiny clone with the bullet sponge enemies of the division and with the meaningless dialogue tree "choices" of Mass Effect.
Also some ppl mentioned GoW.. Is that supposed to be a good thing somehow in 2018??
I do like the art style and enjoyed Destiny 1 and 2 for what they were, and I am willing to ignore EA's shitty behavior with the Genderfield 5 blunder (cos I raked in some pretty good dosh on shorting EA stocks in the last coupla a weeks hahaha), but only if this game turns out to be non of what I have described, and far more than it seems to be.
Both Ubi and EA managed to surprise me with games that were better than they looked, I hope this turns out to be one of those!

If it's not waaaaay above expectations, I'm not giving em a cent, just like how I'm not paying Bethesda a cent until they get their shit together ( I did enjoy F76 Beta, but I'm not gonna pay em for the many many many mistakes they did and for not owning up to it)
I have to admit that I'm still paying ActiBlizzard though, cos the Mrs. still enjoyes her time in WoW BfA, but I'm pulling the plug on it as soon as she stops playing. I do see the infulence of investors on WoW (meaning time-sink content to get more months of pay out of the players) and even on Overwatch (with the constant push towards elitist ESports bullshit and ignoring 99.999% of their actual playerbase). Let's not ignore the Diablo fiasco, cos that was just silly on all accounts and shows how out of touch the company is with their customers.

The divide between the companies and their communities has grown so large that they truly don't understand anything anymore, unless it shows up in red on their finances.

TLDR.:
If you want change, vote with your wallets! BUY MOAR JPEG Ships!

DontTouchMyHoHos

Space Marshal
Apr 4, 2015
RSI Handle
DontTouchMyHoHos
Its curious that they do not pay attention to how the gaming community expects to be treated.

After EA's sense of pride and accomplishment story, you would think it would be obvious.

As soon as the nylon bag story hit Bethesda, a simple tweet saying "we apologize for the way this unfolded and will be taking immediate steps to rectify this situation!" would have saved them a lot time.
Oh boy and betheseda has literally not stopped fucking up. They have an brand new fuck up almost every week. They are imploding so fast it might set a record. Their last bs was falsely selling alcohol bottles as cool nuka cola bottles but they are simply a cheap sticker plastic bottle that looked nothing like the picture.

Last edited:

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Yeah, Bethesda with F76 has been making me feel like they hired EA's marketing team, which seems to be where the super majority of their issues are coming from. No idea what they're thinking as these are all obvious things that'll piss off current and prospective customers.

Firen

Vice Admiral
Feb 6, 2018
RSI Handle
jeremyD
i bought Anthem but it s a discount game key. So no alpha/beta and goodies for me but the game at -30% the price.

I m ok to wait until febuary

Reactions: Phil and Deroth

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
Its all about expectations.

If you liked Destiny, they you will like Anthem.
I would concur with this. I heard "rumors" that there was also a closed Alpha the weekend of Dec. 8, and it seemed like it still needed some polish. I think maybe I would have enjoyed it more playing with friends? I am personally holding off on any pre-orders.

SullyQuindarius

Admiral
Dec 24, 2017
RSI Handle
SullyQuindarius
I'm just gonna grab Origin Premiere and play it when it comes out. I'll be there in my trusty Colossus, ready to spread the word of Montoya across the lands!

And @Lorddarthvik , what pushes is Blizzard doing with Overwatch now? I'm a relatively new player so I've got no idea, I'm just a level 85 boi who derps around in Quick Play and does Competitive with friends (because going at it solo is too much of a gamble). I've gotten into e-sport titles recently - Overwatch and Rocket League as of yesterday. Surprisingly, I'm enjoying them. E-sport games were a class of games I avoided like the plague for the longest time.

Forgot your password?