Anthem on sale on Amazon

DorianSkyphire

Space Marshal
Nov 29, 2016
RSI Handle
DorianSkyphire
I have mixed feelings about it, I want Bioware to do well with DA and ME series they are supposedly starting up on, but am still vexed they stripped resources from everything to create Anthem, which sounds like it's a playable abortion. but it COULD be fun, I know some friends who are enjoying it. but more who aren't.

Reactions: Bambooza and Deroth

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
A bit long winded (it is Kotaku after all), but seems to thoroughly cover what went wrong and why it is where it is right now.

Reactions: Bambooza

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
If it gets to $25-$30 I will probably pick up two more copies for the kids.

Bioware definitely wants the game fixed, its going to take them at least 6 months to get this right.
Reading that article suggests they dont even know where to start looking to be honest.

Directionless, no single creative vision, no idea what the game they are actually building is....

Without that its going to keep on tanking.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
I paid $15 for a month's worth of Origin Access, played for 1 week and uninstalled.
I'm sorry for Bioware, but by the time they get Anthem fixed, we'll have tons of other new games to play.

"Screw those new games, let's play this 6-month old game, I hear it got a bit better"
- No one, ever.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
That was be terrible for the industry. We have seen enough developers disappear over the years, if this trend continues, all we will have is FIFA and battle royale games.
The indie and small dev group scene is doing well, as is most of Ubisoft and some larger scale companies. Clearly it's an EA problem and if you look at Bioware it's clear they are gutting it. They pulled most of the programmers towards other departments, the leaders who helped create Mass Effect have left, Anthem is a disappointment to many people at release and, knowing EA, likely won't get better. They forced a studio to start stitching online into their games and it led to a heavy decline in quality.

Forgot your password?