Any X65f users out there?

Nox2020

Commander
Nov 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Nox_Bellator
Bought one back when dcs a10c came out and I absolutely love the stick. But to be honest it’s been collecting dust for years as I got flight simmed out and I’d like to get her set up again. Was wondering if anyone had any custom profiles set up that they wouldn’t mind sharing? Or is it even worth messing with until 3.0 gets here? Or should I just have another scotch and blow my self out the nearest airlock?

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
@Bigtimes has or had one. Why don't you make your own profile? It's not that hard, just prioritize controls and find a suitable button for it.
This is just an example picture which I found, pure coincidentally also for SC, but I use it to see buttons.

fire button: firegroup1
red button on top missile lock and fire
thumb hat:
L: cycle all targets
F: Target reticle
R: nearest enemy
D: pin target
pinky button: CM
Pinky switch: cycle CM
POV Hat: shields
Castle Hat: targeting
Master mode: gimbal lock
Hat 6: strafe UDLR
Hat 7:
U: Afterburner
D: boost
L: space break
R:
unnamed button near D Btn: firegroup 2

That cover combat. Now you still need to find a suitable place for:
landing mode
quantum travel mode
quantum travel jump
eject
self destruct
strafe FB

try this and see if you still miss something. Don't bind something which you don't use / can't remember after a while. Very important is accessibility. In combat you need to reach the buttons/bindings fast without looking down or hold your fingers in an awkward position to reach a button and this way hindering your flight / aim

Reactions: Deroth and StdDev

Nox2020

Commander
Nov 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Nox_Bellator
Hey thanks. Just figured there might have been a few seasoned vets that might have had a better grasp then me. To be honest I haven’t had much time to sit down and mess with it or even play SC for that matter. Busy chasing an almost two year old around most of the time. But thank you sir that puts me on the right track!

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
There are a lot of profiles floating around for various sticks but with how often control schemes change right now (every update), you are better of figuring out what works for you then adjusting as the game does.

...and of course more Scotch never hurts.

Stick the little one in a turret, turrets are so messed up right now a two year old might actually hit something (not necessarily intentionally, but still!)

Nox2020

Commander
Nov 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Nox_Bellator
There are a lot of profiles floating around for various sticks but with how often control schemes change right now (every update), you are better of figuring out what works for you then adjusting as the game does.

...and of course more Scotch never hurts.

Stick the little one in a turret, turrets are so messed up right now a two year old might actually hit something (not necessarily intentionally, but still!)
Lmao!!! I most certainly will when she gets out of her hammerfisting the keyboard phase.

Forgot your password?