Anyone else playing No Man's Sky right now?

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
So I have kinda gone overboard on this game (as I tend to do) It is a TOTALLY different game from the one I bought all those ages ago... in the best possible way, anyway here are some of the pictures I have taken over the last 2ish weeks.
20201011135358_1.jpg

One of the cooler ships I have picked up.
20201012182139_1.jpg

TWO SUNS!!!!
20201013113030_1.jpg

The MASSIVE capital ship I helped save so the captain let me buy the ship!
20201013231501_1.jpg

Ok suns, now you are just showing off...
20201014104736_1.jpg

A super-rare world where everything is black and all light is red.... creepy af... I like it.
20201014120705_1.jpg

A screenshot from the ground with the three suns!
20201014180219_1.jpg

What's that black holy thing? should I fly into it?
20201014194542_1.jpg

Another of the triple suns....
20201014233710_1.jpg

I'm riding a Dino!!!!!
20201015171025_1.jpg

Wait, why did the Imperial March just start playing?

Anyone who is planning on exploring in SC I recommend this game now... just took them.... 4 years after release.

Gotin

Commander
Aug 30, 2020
RSI Handle
Gotin and Alia
I quit playing once they added base building and tbh, even a little before that. The game just changed so much and I for one loved the idea of it from the start. It was a very refreshing change from all the other grindy base building blabla that came before it. The idea that the journey was the goal....loved it. And you didn't need to grind anything, just use some basic elements to recharge everything.....so awesome.

But ya, then there was all that stuff that wasn't there and I don't blame anyone for being upset about that. Except that at some point the dev basically said ok, what do you guys want<-- which is him turning the reigns over to the players. And to me that's sad....because he totally had a vision for his game and that basically kicked it to the curb.

Chip Hazzard

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2018
RSI Handle
ChipHazzard
Awesome shots man!!

I jump in and out of it, but really like it! But I get obsessed with trying to find certain elements... So not progressed that far.
I might jump on at the weekend to see what's in the latest update :like:

Reactions: Scape

Firebrand

Captain
Oct 13, 2020
RSI Handle
Qallus
Have you tried it in VR? It's Fan-friggin-tastic!!! I had NMS on release, played it for a few hours and then left it. Sometime later I revisted it and experienced a completely different, infinitely better game. Later again with VR support I came back to NMS and now I just love getting lost in the game, the immersiveness is immense and sets a benchmark for beautiful sci-fi surival/exploration games. I love it to bits. When, eventually, VR support comes to Star Citizen or even Squadron42, no one is gonna see or hear from me in months, lol

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
I tried the game shortly after launch, I really wanted to give it a shot.
No, this is a totally DIFFERENT game, I played a launch, put it away thought I would never touch it again. because of one thing and another I give it another shot. they have changed SO MUCH it really is 100% a different game, just built on graphics of the old one.
I jump in and out of it, but really like it! But I get obsessed with trying to find certain elements... So not progressed that far.
I might jump on at the weekend to see what's in the latest update :like:
Let me know if you do. I am more than happy to join you or have you join me. whatever works best. Always happy to show off some of the cool stuff I got.
Have you tried it in VR? It's Fan-friggin-tastic!!! I had NMS on release, played it for a few hours and then left it. Sometime later I revisted it and experienced a completely different, infinitely better game. Later again with VR support I came back to NMS and now I just love getting lost in the game, the immersiveness is immense and sets a benchmark for beautiful sci-fi surival/exploration games. I love it to bits. When, eventually, VR support comes to Star Citizen or even Squadron42, no one is gonna see or hear from me in months, lol
I don't have a VR set. never really been into VR but I can see how a game like NMS would be awesome in it.

Firebrand

Captain
Oct 13, 2020
RSI Handle
Qallus
I don't have a VR set. never really been into VR but I can see how a game like NMS would be awesome in it.
VR immersion is unrivalled, having your entire peripheral vision filled with the game-world and using your hand to interacting with everything just puts you in the middle of the scene and the action. For any who are willing to fork out for the hardware, it takes gaming to the next level.
The crappy conversion for Star Citizen I tried a while back brings you the full scale of the stations and ships... I never revisited it though because the upscaled graphics were awful and it was buggy as hell, lol. But I wholely recommend it.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Hmm, you may be swaying me towards it.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I played it about 70 hours after it was released. I know it's way better now than it was then, but each time I try to get back into it I quit after about 15 minutes.
same here.
I was told it's soooo much better now...
I don't see it. I see the same meaningless grind for nothing that gets boring real fast. Fun gameplay loop to pass time, yeah sure, but just not for me anymore. I'd rather drive hours in ATS every day, listening to vinwiki stories or sumthin...
Maybe once I get a proper VR setup I'll give it another go and appreciate it for that!

Reactions: Scape
Forgot your password?