Anyone follow Formula 1?

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
If you do, what is your favourite team and why is it Renault? (Hint: black and yellow)

And who's your favourite driver and why is it Daniel Ricciardo? (Hint: below)

all jokes and TEST memes aside... I'm still rooting for McLaren. Lando Norris, as the driver, since he's a rookie... Sainz, I like him as well, but neither has marked me as much as Alonso had. They've been my favourite team since the Hakkinen + Coulthard days and despite both drivers changing this season, I'm still hopeful that they'll have some decent results this year. But seriously, what a horrible decade they've been having... but Williams looks to be in bigger trouble right now... Sad how those big names back in the days are at the end of the backmarkers nowadays...

Seeing the Day 1 testing results at Barcelona today, I'm very hopeful that McLaren will pull something off this season... although I shouldn't get too excited. Test results were never the deciding factors. Mercedes probably didn't even get close to their 90% performance.

Exciting season ahead, where EVERY team (except Mercedes) had at least 1 driver change.

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
I mean.. I follow Tag Heuer's Formula 1 watches :D
So you're a fan of "Aston Martin Red Bull Racing using the Tag Heuer (renamed Renault) engine" from last year? Since they moved to Honda, I'm not sure if they still call their engine "Tag Heuer"... but their page is still up:

I also know they used to sponsor McLaren... sigh

Reactions: Scape and Bambooza

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
I watch every race that I can and generally hope that Vettel gets beaten, I have been to several races including Indianapolis in 2001. Apart from Jenson Button I have not had a favourite driver since the last great Irishman Tim O'Glock left.

Reactions: Radegast74

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
So you're a fan of "Aston Martin Red Bull Racing using the Tag Heuer (renamed Renault) engine" from last year? Since they moved to Honda, I'm not sure if they still call their engine "Tag Heuer"... but their page is still up:

I also know they used to sponsor McLaren... sigh
I just buy their watches :D

Reactions: Scape and Bambooza

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
I used to watch F1 races pretty frequently back when I had cable TV. Alas, I do not own it and live in another county now. :(

Reactions: Scape

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
I am a HUGE F1 fan and watch as much of it as possible.

My favorite driver is Lewis Hamilton.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This year I am extremely dissappointed.......
Why? Because all my life - for decades - Ferrari has had a bright RED racing car.
We fans love the RED racing Ferrari
No longer.......
This year the Ferrari is Orange - It looks like a tangarine.
Ferrari say that to save 1 1/2 Kg of weight they left off the final coat of paint.
WHAT? This is an insult to all Ferrari fans.
They certainly have lost me and I truly hope that this year their car is as crappy as the colour.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
I used to watch F1 races pretty frequently back when I had cable TV. Alas, I do not own it and live in another county now. :(
every race weekend, you can find an AceStream link usually from /r/MotorsportsStreams to watch live.
It's what I've been doing the past 2 seasons.

Reactions: Scape

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
I am a HUGE F1 fan and watch as much of it as possible.

My favorite driver is Lewis Hamilton.
This year I am extremely dissappointed.......
Why? Because all my life - for decades - Ferrari has had a bright RED racing car.
We fans love the RED racing Ferrari
No longer.......
This year the Ferrari is Orange - It looks like a tangarine.
Ferrari say that to save 1 1/2 Kg of weight they left off the final coat of paint.
WHAT? This is an insult to all Ferrari fans.
They certainly have lost me and I truly hope that this year their car is as crappy as the colour.
I don't think it's "orange"... McLaren is Orange...
It's just they removed the "gloss" in their paint, and made it matte like RedBull, and the Whites became Black.

Still looks very red for me... and IMHO the black goes MUCH better with the Red than White does. I like it better to be honest. (though I've never been a true Ferrari fan... I've liked the drivers, just not the team much... so I don't get a real "say" in how the team should look lol)

OK OK ... that image was colour edited to make it more red... here's a more honest comparison:

It's ... a bit more "orange-ish" but still very red IMO. (also the sun might influence the colour too... maybe on a cloudier day)

either way, I actually like it.

On a separate note... WTF WILLIAMS!?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bambooza and Scape

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
every race weekend, you can find an AceStream link usually from /r/MotorsportsStreams to watch live.
It's what I've been doing the past 2 seasons.
I will have to look into that! Been missing out on some epic races.

Reactions: zeddie

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
I will have to look into that! Been missing out on some epic races.
Also, the official YouTube channel has really stepped up its game ever since the acquisition by Liberty Media. Every practice, qualifying and race recaps, as well as other videos are really on point.
and you can't forget this one:
Last season was quite fun.
Hopefully this season can be just as dramatic.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Also, the official YouTube channel has really stepped up its game ever since the acquisition by Liberty Media. Every practice, qualifying and race recaps, as well as other videos are really on point.
and you can't forget this one:
Last season was quite fun.
Hopefully this season can be just as dramatic.
omfg i LOVE those animations! They are too funny!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I used to love F1 for decades, I recall being sent out of the room the day Senna died, saw it live.

I lost interest in F1 during the Shumaker Farrari domination - the incident that made me call it quits whas when his team mate Barichello was inches from winning a race and Team Orders made him slow down and let Shumaker pass. I nearly flipped a table, it was a Dick Move which caused me to loose all faith in it being a sport.

My preferred motorsport is Truck Racing now, if I can ever find it as it's rarely televised on any channel I can get.

Forgot your password?