anyone going to buy 890 Jump?

RedjackQuisterJr

Rear Admiral
Sep 28, 2014
RSI Handle
redjack_quister_jr
The price for me is ridiculous but I am not sure if anyone here is interested.

I was happy to know that TEST current aim is to get the carrack and the Orion which are good ship like the reclaimer.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Several members I have spoken to are getting them, some are getting more than one.

Don't worry, there will be a few of them in the fleet!

RedjackQuisterJr

Rear Admiral
Sep 28, 2014
RSI Handle
redjack_quister_jr
Several members I have spoken to are getting them, some are getting more than one.

Don't worry, there will be a few of them in the fleet!

Oh nice! But I'm more interested on the Orion and Carrack as I think those are the workhorse including the reclaimer.

But the 890 is an interesting ship nonetheless coz Ben said that role wise it is like the old corvette(idris) only fancier

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
But the 890 is an interesting ship nonetheless coz Ben said that role wise it is like the old corvette(idris) only fancier
Yeah, I caught that comment too.

In that case, this is a pretty good deal for $600 seeing that the Idris was $1250.

Choppanob

Space Marshal
Jul 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Choppanob
It's not for me, i need to give my wallet a little rest for now.
And it's also not really a ship for me, too fancy!
Would be a good TEST hangout though.

Major Templar

Space Marshal
Sep 6, 2014
RSI Handle
xTemplar
It's too much and less than a month from another really expensive ship they just released. $350 and then $600 in a few weeks!? Sorry but that's ridiculous and they should really be re-examining their priorities. They say that it's based on the ships materials and what not but I honestly have a feeling that this is no longer about materials but more about getting as much as possible. If it really is about mats and their size and knowing what we've seen, we are likely to see a spike in all future ships sizes just to make them a bit more expensive. I really worry about the direction they are going with this. If the Carrack is detailed and is all the sudden much larger than it was rumored or even if it stays the same but is in the $500 range then it's over and we will see their true intentions with that.

Sorry to be negative but this ship that's $600 released in no time after another $350 ships was is leaving a really sour taste in my mouth about CIG.

Reactions: chrizz

Raggy

Commander
Jun 9, 2014
RSI Handle
TheRaggy
Sorry to be negative but this ship that's $600 released in no time after another $350 ships was is leaving a really sour taste in my mouth about CIG.
The 890 was positioned from the start as a luxury niche, doesn't seem so surprising that it has a price tag that looks more like a phone number.

Major Templar

Space Marshal
Sep 6, 2014
RSI Handle
xTemplar
The 890 was positioned from the start as a luxury niche, doesn't seem so surprising that it has a price tag that looks more like a phone number.
The price is the lowest part that's really bothering me but more that they are releasing two major price tag ships a few weeks apart. Yes, I still think that pricing it the way they did is too much but it would look better if it was spaced correctly. Maybe if they were to release one a month or one every two months but instead 2 weeks later we are getting another rent checks worth of pixels. Also, I thought this was about them asking for us to support the game and we weren't buying the ships. Now it does apear we are buying the ships and supporting them is secondary. Just makes me question quite a bit of what they are doing.

Again, I know, negative but I'm worried this is becoming the golden mech.

Shive

Speed Devil
Staff member
Officer
Mar 9, 2014
RSI Handle
GOD_Shive
Yeah, I caught that comment too.

In that case, this is a pretty good deal for $600 seeing that the Idris was $1250.
CIG Ben Lesnick wcloaf
Posted: 8:11PM

"The 890 Jump is not a replacement corvette, it's a sort of space yacht. You'll learn all about it on Friday! It's roughly corvette-sized and has many of the same features (boat bay, large cargo capacity, bridge, etc.) but doesn't fit the same role."

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Your opinion is echoed on the RSI forums, but this is a case of supply and demand.

They offered a ship for $350, they sold X amount. Everybody was happy.

Based upon the size and "rarity" of the 890 Jump, they sat down and priced it at $600. They will sell 400-600 of them, buyers will be happy and CIG will be happy.

The rest of us can simply earn it in the game, then laugh as we cruise by the other guy who paid $600 real dollars while we paid UEC we got in the game.

SkippyLeDoo

Lame Title
Nov 16, 2013
RSI Handle
SkippyLeDoo
They're awesome but I don't want to melt down everything just to toss in another few hundred to get it.

What I really want is the Aegis Redeemer. It's not a huge ship (smaller than the Connie IIRC), but it's way more appealing than the 890 or the Reclaimer.

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
Your opinion is echoed on the RSI forums, but this is a case of supply and demand.

They offered a ship for $350, they sold X amount. Everybody was happy.

Based upon the size and "rarity" of the 890 Jump, they sat down and priced it at $600. They will sell 400-600 of them, buyers will be happy and CIG will be happy.

The rest of us can simply earn it in the game, then laugh as we cruise by the other guy who paid $600 real dollars while we paid UEC we got in the game.
I'm waiting to see if they elaborate more on the equipment or especially the "VIP passenger/ferry" game mechanic on friday along with the ship release, since they discuss salvaging when the Reclaimer was released. If that was a very profitable and enjoyable mechanic, I'd think about picking up an 890, but only after melting something else. In other words, if they can better explain what kind of functionality it will have, other than a organization HQ, a fancy bragging rights trophy, or a flying cruise ship kamikaze weapon:

Unlike some of my other ship purchases, I just personally don't think this one is a good fit for me, so I'll most likely pass. I may regret it later, but I can deal with that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Plenty of other ships that need a pilot in my hangar. I have no doubt that people will buy these for the express purpose of Grey Market selling, but that's a pretty risky investment, considering how post-sale Phoenix and Phoenix upgrades rather poorly. Guess the demand just isn't there?

Reactions: BluChew

Murderer

Space Marshal
Jun 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Murderer
I really wish I was getting one but with moving expenses and having 2 rents to cover this month, and purchasing the Reclaimer, the outlook doesn't look too well. If only this would've waited a week or the sale lasted a week instead of being so limited.

Forgot your password?