Anyone into Diecast Cars? (and where to find em)

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Hey fellows! So as the title suggests, anyone likes and has a bunch of diecast (or plastic kit) cars? Airplanes and such too! Share your pics and obsession, and help out a fellow who has just found his newest addiction lol

Lil backstory:
Before our daughter was born I've given away my collection of 1/18 and some smaller diecast cars to my good friend car mechanic, cos my family were bugging me about them and I needed the shelf space.
A few months after she was born, I went to the toy shop to have a look around for her, and as all good dads do, I bought some toys. For myself of course! Came home with 3 bburago 1/43 scale cars. One day she was fussy and I handed her one of the new cars (an Alfa Giulia) and it became her favorite toy lol She loves spinning the wheels on that thing. As an added bonus, the missus doesn't mind me buying more!
Anyways, I'm taking this opportunity to modernize my collection and get some new fancy cars.

So my question to you is, where can I buy some for a decent price? Where are you buying yours from? Do you know some good online shops for this, where the prices aren't double of what it costs in the brick'n'mortar toy store?
Just as a reference the 1/43 ones I got from the store were about 5bucks each (cheap line of bburagos), and better quality ones go for 10-15 at max, while in the online stores I looked at they cost anywhere from 20bucks to 60 +shipping for the same models.

So far I've checked out

EBay: double price + shipping, not worth it unless it's an obscure model (like from Japan and such)

AliExpress: very decent looking cars that light up as well but limited selection, price is not bad but not great either. The more interesting ones cost way too much. Might consider getting some of the cheaper from here.

Modelissimo.de : very nice selection of older cars that I don't really care about, also costs an arm and a leg

Carmodel.com : pre owned models at ridiculous prices, but there are some bargains hidden in there sometimes, at least I think so.

Minimodelshop.com : nice mix of old and new, prices go from a bit expensive to "I'd have to sell a kidney or two"

So, any recommendations?

As for the cars I'm currently looking for anything that's modern and cool, like n Audi RS5, Lambos, Bugattis, Mercs, whatever that's not a racecar. I don't care for F1/Nascar/Racecars at the moment. Scale is 1/43 to 1/18, depending on price, the smaller is preferred though. No matchboxes, I have a nice collection of those still in a carry case tucked away.

Specific cars I'm willing to pay a bit of premium on is a nice BMW E65 7series pre-facelift (the ones I found look meh, even the dealer models look slightly malformed), BMW 6 Series Grand Coupe (the 4door 6er), and maybe a Bugatti Divo. Oh, and maybe some Porsches too!

Ignore the (other) kid toys, space is tight around here for the moment. So this is what's left of the 30 odd larger than matchbox sized cars I had...
IMG_20200112_133733~2.jpg

IMG_20200112_134740~2.jpg

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Alas, I can't help you...although I can reminisce, when I was a young boy, my Dinky Toys F-4 Phantom was one of my favorites! It was really cool to fire the missile, here is an eBay listing for one that is in kind of sad shape...I think I know why kids play video games nowadaze, ha ha

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Alas, I can't help you...although I can reminisce, when I was a young boy, my Dinky Toys F-4 Phantom was one of my favorites! It was really cool to fire the missile, here is an eBay listing for one that is in kind of sad shape...I think I know why kids play video games nowadaze, ha ha

That's one really cool plane! I always iliked that shape but never had a properly sized one myself. Only really really tiny ones that came with a plastic model aircraft carrier. These were like 1cm in length maybe lol
My fav plane of all time is a sadly non-existent one, the F-19 Stealth Fighter. Got a plastic model version, I stuck it to my wall for safe keeping like 15 years ago. I had it since I was like 4 lol
IMG_20200113_120708~2.jpg

Forgot your password?