Anyone play My Summer Car?

SullyQuindarius

Admiral
Dec 24, 2017
RSI Handle
SullyQuindarius
I finally decided to try this game. It fits us pretty well: there's plenty of beer and a zillion things that could go wrong.

My first attempt a few days ago was interesting. I tried playing with permadeath. Fifteen minutes and three deaths later, I switched back to permadeath off.

I took my van on a trip to the general store to buy some supplies for my car build. I get there, buy my shit, load it all in the van. I'm almost done packing the van when I see a random TEST member (probably) in a yellow and black car. He calls me a pussy-ass idiot as I walk by with my case of beer (must not have been enough beer) so I drop the beer, walk up to him and start pissing in the window of his car. He leans over and knocks me the hell out.

I wake up in the middle of the night back at my house. My van and all my stuff is at the store. I don't have any food at the house, so unless I get there I'll die. I hop on the little kiddie motorbike and head off into the darkness.

Along the way, I wipe out twice, nearly get run over by a car going at least 100kmh (I accidentally hit the wrong key and swerved, he flew past a split second later. If I had kept going straight he would've blown me away). I finally make it back to the store and the relative safety of my van and stash of sausage and beer.

That was my first impression of My Summer Car. Anyone else play this?

Last edited:

SullyQuindarius

Admiral
Dec 24, 2017
RSI Handle
SullyQuindarius
I have now discovered that apparently there's an electricity bill. I have no idea how I pay it (Teimo's store I assume), and until then I have no lights. Woo.

Reactions: Ammorn

SullyQuindarius

Admiral
Dec 24, 2017
RSI Handle
SullyQuindarius
are we still talking about the game? I've had similar instances happen, but that's just valley life in Nova Scotia...
Yes. My power went out for no reason (perfect weather, none of the lights work) and when I googled it I found out there's an electrical bill that gets delivered to your mailbox, if you don't pay it you get your power turned off lol.

Reactions: Ammorn and Bambooza
Forgot your password?