Anyone seen Hammerhead and Hawk Q and A?

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I been waiting on this as well. Hoping they answer the question on if they removed the 2 unmanned turrets referenced in the concept video. I didn't see them on the holoviewer or ship matrix. Those will be key for a PDS against torpedoes.
I'm looking at the Hammerhead in the Holoviewer right now on the Hammerhead page & it clearly shows that the top & bottom turrets are still there as well as the 4 side turrets.

Aegis Hammerhead Rear Holoview 1b.png

Reactions: Sraika and Bambooza

Nap

Grand Admiral
Dec 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Napernicous
I'm looking at the Hammerhead in the Holoviewer right now on the Hammerhead page & it clearly shows that the top & bottom turrets are still there as well as the 4 side turrets.

View attachment 8422
Those are the 6 manned turrets. In the Hammerhead concept video he mentioned on multiple occasions that there were an additional 2 unmanned turrets.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Those are the 6 manned turrets. In the Hammerhead concept video he mentioned on multiple occasions that there were an additional 2 unmanned turrets.
Ah, my mistake. I could've sworn that there were 4 manned & 2 unmanned.

Reactions: Bambooza

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
Ah, my mistake. I could've sworn that there were 4 manned & 2 unmanned.
The side turrets are manned, the top and bottom turrets are run from stations on the bridge, hence the 'unmanned' part.
Or at least, that's what I got out of that video.

@VFV Yeah, there's going to be both npc crew and the ability to run your turrets with 'ai chips' or something like that. Still a long way off though.

EDIT: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/16316-Q-A-Anvil-Hawk

Whi7key

Vice Admiral
Dec 4, 2017
RSI Handle
Whi7key1
I upgraded to the hammerhead, seems like you’ll get more use out of it then the Polaris, majority of people are going to have small ships anyway, and I won’t need to force my wife back into stopping to pay for the torpedoes that the Polaris use

VFV

Grand Admiral
Nov 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Vfv
Yes, that is supposedly the plan WHEN that portion of the system is flushed out.
Sweet. Another noob question. Says max crew is 9. What happens if I cram more people in? Do they just magically die? Cause I think the hammer head could be an awesome drop ship. The turrets are so well placed, that even on the ground, it can protect itself pretty well. Get some good AI gunners, drop a ton of soldiers and a vehicle, have like 10 hammer heads do the same, that's a lot of fire power of some well placed turrets for ground or air threats. Could be useful

Reactions: Talonsbane

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
Sweet. Another noob question. Says max crew is 9. What happens if I cram more people in? Do they just magically die? Cause I think the hammer head could be an awesome drop ship. The turrets are so well placed, that even on the ground, it can protect itself pretty well. Get some good AI gunners, drop a ton of soldiers and a vehicle, have like 10 hammer heads do the same, that's a lot of fire power of some well placed turrets for ground or air threats. Could be useful
Nah, max people is only limited by available space, so you can cram as many in as fit. However, past a certain point there will be air/weight issues, and also, lag.

Nap

Grand Admiral
Dec 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Napernicous
I upgraded to the hammerhead, seems like you’ll get more use out of it then the Polaris, majority of people are going to have small ships anyway, and I won’t need to force my wife back into stopping to pay for the torpedoes that the Polaris use
I don't know, given the sheer amount of Hammerheads that will be in the verse I would think the Polaris and Eclipses will be in a target rich enviroment.

Forgot your password?