Anyone think the Kraken without pads and more guns is pretty sweet?

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
While it looks badass, it's still a Drake, so it'll be coming with sub standard caliber components at best & if those shields drop, the standard player handguns will be poking holes wherever its shots hit like wet rice paper, but it still looks dangerous. Maybe you'd be able to "upgrade its armor" by giving it a full length paper mache coating with a ton of TEST brand TP made by @NaffNaffBobFace ?

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
While it looks badass, it's still a Drake, so it'll be coming with sub standard caliber components at best & if those shields drop, the standard player handguns will be poking holes wherever its shots hit like wet rice paper, but it still looks dangerous.
I don't think the Drake design philosophy was to make piles of junk fly, I think it was to be highly utilitarian. Just hyper focused on the task and nothing else. So if it's a Drake version of battleship, I figure it'd be like a thick, solid piece of metal with big guns and an engine. Maybe some crevices for the crew.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Hmm meh....
the Kraken has a very particular role, the K-Privateer has another totally diffent role... if someone just whant a ship with a lots of gun on it they just neet not to looks at this ship, there are other ship for that purpose, starting from the Hammerhead to scale up to the Javellin.
I think we should need more ship with other purpse other then just pew pew, we already have a ton of them, now give us something else, like repair ship, explorer, mining, salvage, medical, racers or even simple hangout ship.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I don't think the Drake design philosophy was to make piles of junk fly, I think it was to be highly utilitarian. Just hyper focused on the task and nothing else. So if it's a Drake version of battleship, I figure it'd be like a thick, solid piece of metal with big guns and an engine. Maybe some crevices for the crew.
I respectfully disagree in that metal is expensive & Drake isn't known for making heavy duty / military ships. I'd argue that the most heavy duty ship that Drake makes in terms of hull ruggedness would be the Blue for its police roles. Thus Drake would be utilitarian in nature, but it would not be rugged in terms of being able to handle a sustained fight which the "thick, solid piece of metal with big guns" would imply.

Reactions: FZD

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
what did elite dangerous do? do they have automatic weapons? I just hope that at least if i get NPCs i can buy and load them in my javelin i'll be satisfied.
In Elite the ship was for a long time the player avatar, and I believe there were and still is no multi-crew ships.

It does ask the question. Is allowing guns to be slaved, automated, and controlled by NPC actors the right path for Star Citizen? I know there is a vocal group that wants all or most of the ship weapons to be pilot-controlled but I find myself wondering if that is not a good thing. That multi-crew ships should have multi-players onboard to make them effective and those players who want to go solo should stick to the single-seaters. That there shouldn't be some pushback in saying no larger ships are not game progression that game progression is measured in rep and wallet wealth. That six players in a hammerhead are similar to six players in fighters and bombers with slight trade-offs in operational scope and ease of movement. That the OP's carrier turned battleship should never be a single-player ship but only really function with a group of friends working together. That the pilot on larger ships should never be given control of weapons as their focus should be on flying.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I aint a big fan of the kraken but in true test spirit - more guns is good right???

• o7

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I aint a big fan of the kraken but in true test spirit - more guns is good right???
I thought the true TEST spirit of how to make a ship better was to add 42% more alcohol inside it for the crew to enjoy. Silly me.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I thought the true TEST spirit of how to make a ship better was to add 42% more alcohol inside it for the crew to enjoy. Silly me.
Dont worry if we need guns I can just follow behind in my beerfarer full of stout.

• Glorious

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Dont worry if we need guns I can just follow behind in my beerfarer full of stout.
Perhaps CIG needs to make a carrier that can transport a squadron of Starfarers (Beerfarers) to a location in order to keep the ships (TESTies) fueled up.

Reactions: BUTUZ
Forgot your password?