Anyone use a portable secondary monitor?

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
Tired of alt-tabbing in/out of SC whenever I need to visit discord, browser, etc. I'd love to have like a tablet-sized touchscreen where I can access other windows while leaving SC up on the main screen. Haven't really been able to find the right product/way to do this yet though. Anyone out there have some sort of similar setup working that they'd like to share?

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Something like
?

Oh wait, you wanted a touch screen that doesn't interrupt SC?
I think any touchscreen would count as alt-tabbing, taking the focus out of SC.
Maybe you just want a cheap Chinese tablet then?

Personally, I just use my phone to look up stuff while in SC.

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
Yep, sorta like that, but you're right in that the larger half of the battle is Windows. I currently use phone/tablet for this kinda stuff, but both are slower than desktop power and smaller than I'd like. Plus discord access would be nice and well that runs on the desktop too because headset. Ah well, first world problems, eh?!

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
Gechic Onlap monitors https://www.gechic.com/en/

There are several options and this is the one I am currently using - https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1302893-REG/gechic_1503h_15_6_ips_1080p.html

I've been using this brand for 7 or 8 years. Initial purchase was as a second screen for my travel laptop. This past weekend I was traveling again and put my current unit to work as a gaming monitor (not great but got the job done!)

They've got a number to chose from, are not particularly cheap, but have one MASSIVE advantage over most other brands - they are true monitors that take an HDMI signal, and many of them can be powered straight off a USB port. This makes them device and application agnostic as well as driverless, something that the USB-C dependent units can't always claim.

Reactions: Dirtbag_Leader

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
and run gameglass on them
I actually HAVE gameglass, but to be honest haven't found it that useful. Almost everything it can do in-game I just have mapped to hotas buttons, I haven't actually been able to make it do anything directly MFD related like I originally hopped (set weapons groups, request landing, drag the power balance slider around, etc.), and it doesn't seem to do anything external to the game, short of the normal tablet stuff. Or have recent updates changed the scope much since I last used it a year ago?

Forgot your password?