Anyone use an Azeron keypad?

OuTLaW66613

Space Marshal
Jan 9, 2015
RSI Handle
OuTLaW66613
So I came across this "fortnite" keypad..
https://www.azeron.eu/
View: https://youtu.be/0xio4lr-mRU

Wondering if anyone has used it.. And if anyone has tried it on SC.

Looks pretty interesting, I like the whole fluid 360° movement vs keyboard but man the thing looks "spaceman" to me ("out there" lol, expression I use).
Always been interested in keypads, never made the step tho. I dunno "spaceman" or not I'm kind of temped this time around.

Just looking for some input.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
That's pretty insane for 3 people and 3-D printing, very cool, not sure I would get the full blown one but that orange one with the buttons looked promising lol. Very cool post.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Expensive considering it looks like it was made by a guy with a 3d printer in a shed.

Also you're basically crowd funding it - none in stock and up to 90 day delivery time. You paying up front and then they gonna figure out if they can build it!!

Maybe I am being a tad harsh but there's so many of these kickstarted crowd funded things that over promise, and under deliver that I'm turned off them now.

Now where was I before I was so rudely interrupted.....that's right, in the middle of buying a ship that isn't going to be delivered until 2028

OuTLaW66613

Space Marshal
Jan 9, 2015
RSI Handle
OuTLaW66613
Expensive considering it looks like it was made by a guy with a 3d printer in a shed.

Also you're basically crowd funding it - none in stock and up to 90 day delivery time. You paying up front and then they gonna figure out if they can build it!!

Maybe I am being a tad harsh but there's so many of these kickstarted crowd funded things that over promise, and under deliver that I'm turned off them now.

Now where was I before I was so rudely interrupted.....that's right, in the middle of buying a ship that isn't going to be delivered until 2028
Man and that is one reason why I came here... Lol I was hoping through the massive amounts of us there might be 1 that has already used it...
I feel ya on the 90 days and the kickstart stuff.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
It does but the orbweaver (as far as I know) has a directional "analog stick"... So basacally 8 buttons... This used a traditional (console, I guess) analog stick.... That is the main reason I've been looking at this thing lol
I'm not sure anymore until I have one in my hand. I use the G13, that has a real analog thumb stick. Before I jumped to Warthog HOTAS, the thumbstick was my strafe stick and I didn't like the Throttle strafe option. The index finger was a hat switch. The middle finger was a weird unusable slew control. After I went dual Warthog sticks, I replaced the slew with an analog game controller stick.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I'm in the market for something like this and the design is interesting. But I'm thinking about building my own, and this hasn't changed my mind. I have a couple of Raspberry PI with all sorts of A/D converters, and a 3d printer... it would be a cool way to fill up a few weekends. If I can extract enough time.

OuTLaW66613

Space Marshal
Jan 9, 2015
RSI Handle
OuTLaW66613
I'm in the market for something like this and the design is interesting. But I'm thinking about building my own, and this hasn't changed my mind. I have a couple of Raspberry PI with all sorts of A/D converters, and a 3d printer... it would be a cool way to fill up a few weekends. If I can extract enough time.
Man let me know what you come up with.. I'd be interested in seeing that!

Last edited:

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Man let me know what you come up with.. I'd be interested in seeing that!
:like: sure thing, I'll share it on Test if I can find the time to work it all out. Right now I'm still trying to figure out how "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" turned into "Oh shit, what happened now?"

Forgot your password?